Classical pieces in Symphony X's work...

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
I'm doing a presentation on the correlation between European classical music (such as Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart) and Symphony X, and I need a list of the classical pieces in Symphony X's compositions and who originally composed them. I know Luis posted them on here before, but I can't seem to locate them.

I also get to play some Symphony X in my presentation. Does anyone have any ideas on what original sections of Symphony X songs would be the best to present? I will be using some of the sections written by the classical composers, but I would also like to play some classically-inspired sections written by MJR and the rest of the band.

Thanks in advance.

You should just insert that link in your sig, it would be really useful.
And I think Dressed to Kill from 3:32 to 4:01 would be a great example, if not the best example to prove the connection between Euro composers and SX. :headbang:

You could play the beginning of "Masquerade" or "Sonata" or maybe even "The Damnation Game"!

And as inspired things, you could play are e.g.: "Transcendence", "On the Breath of Poseidon" or "The Odyssey".

Good luck btw!!