question about symphony x

adiemus

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2004
i recently bought thier Odyssey album and i REALLY REALLY like Odyssey. I was wondering if those classical music are thier creation, or another's. If they are another's please tell me who.

Also i plan to buy all of Symphony x's albums. So i would appreciate if someone can compile a list of classical pieces(and the composer) used in the songs.

Thank you so much.

I'm not compeletly sure but I think Odyssey doesn't have any classical part which is somebody else's piece. And about the other albums, I don't have a nerve to compile all the pieces they have used in several songs...maybe somebody else can do that, heh.

Damnation Game:

after solo in Dressed to Kill - Bach's Prelude 2 in Cm from the Well Tempered Clavier

Divine Wings:

choir intro of Divine Wings - from Bach's mass in Bm
band intro of Divine Wings (and other parts of the song) - Mars by Holst

Twilight in Olympus:

half time section of Smoke and Mirrors - some Bach thing I can't remember

V:

Prelude - arrangement of "Dies Irae" from Verdi's Requiem
Death of Balance/Lacrymosa - the Lacrymosa section is an arrangement of "Lacrimosa" from Mozart's requiem
A Fools Paradise - the part after the solos is an arrangement of Bach's Harpsichord Concerto No. 1

I believe that is it. All the orchestral parts on The Odyssey are written by Romeo...Incantations was supposed to have a segment from The Sorcerers Apprentice but they cut it, although you can hear the theme hinted at in the guitar solo. Romeo describes the intro riff of Inferno to be "moto perpetuo" like in the limited edition's liners, although I personally don't really hear much of a similarity between Paganini's Moto Perpetuo and Inferno.