Classroom kids singing "flight of Icarus"!!!

It's very cool but I don't get it. Why would a school have their kids do this? Is it really healthy for kids? Do you think the teacher was just a Maiden Head that wanted to have the kids sing one of his favorite songs?

It seems weird to me. Why would a primary school of 2011 sing an 80s metal song? I think there are better songs to influence kids in a more positive manner.

No. The teacher is not a Maiden Head and I hardly think teaching a song from the 80's is gpoing to damage school children!

Not only was this approved by the school, but it links directly with the curriculum that the children are learning - Ancient Greek History and Myths and Legends. As the song is about the story of Daedelus and Icarus it was an obvious choice.
Welcome to the boards "teefootes." It's not often we get the source or related source to discuss the background details behind the story. I am surprised to see the school approved it - which makes me wonder where is the school? I just looked up where the school is located - Birmingham, England. Perhaps that's a difference in our country's? My first guess is that a school in the US would not approve such an act, not the learning part, but rather the metal music and image behind it for young kids. In the video several of the kids are wearing metal dress attire and rocking out, and that's the part I don't see US schools approving. So that brings up the question, when the school approved it, did they expect what occurred in the video (the metal dress attire and rocking out)? What was the schools reaction to the video?

Ok I figure it out. I was scared those kids would end up as fucked up, twisted and perverted as me, or maybe even worse, like Danny.
No need for alarm. Insanity is a warm friend and no need to exclude the little kiddies from it.

METAL UP YER ARSE!
1986 COMB IN THE BACK POCKET MALIBU GRAND PRIX JOURNEY ESCAPE TEMPEST NORTHRIDGE WATERSLIDE SPICOLY ORDER PIZZA IN CLASS I'M CUTTN FOOTLOOSE MAX HEADROOM LONG DANGLING CROSS EARINGS SEEDEY MEXI BUDS

Fuck gay Japanese guitars with handles.