Clean Guitar VSTs

Zerochance

Oct 3, 2013
So...any VST recommendations for clean guitars? Between AmpLion, LePou's plug-ins, my Behringer V-amp 2 and my two amps and assortment of pedals I have distorted guitars covered, but I'm looking for more options for clean stuff.

My little Vypyr combo has some serviceable tones, and my half-stack (heavily modded Peavey Ultra) has OK clean tones, but I'm definitely looking for more. I was messing around on GarageBand and some of their AUs were actually decent, but not quite what I'm looking for.

What do you guys use for clean tones? I would prefer not to mic an amp; looking for VSTs in particular. Thanks!

aforementioned LEXTAC (free), Amplitube3 (free, must register), StudioDevil British Value Custom (last time i looked, free) can produce some nice clean, mid-rangy tones.

http://youtu.be/YV8sFjLILio Has some great tips for applying effects for a clean, and a lightly distorted tones. I use Pod Farm mainly for clean tones, but his theory can be applied to applicable vsts' to achieve some great ambiance.

I used Logic Pro for awhile when I still used OS X, but found only their acoustic presets sounded decent when I mic'd my Martin (along with the DI from the pickup). Honestly the preamp is not that important. Just make sure you record a relatively level guitar track and apply effects, and compression if your recording is too dynamic (I highly suggest don't use compression just get a good recording).

http://youtu.be/YV8sFjLILio Has some great tips for applying effects for a clean, and a lightly distorted tones. I use Pod Farm mainly for clean tones, but his theory can be applied to applicable vsts' to achieve some great ambiance.

I used Logic Pro for awhile when I still used OS X, but found only their acoustic presets sounded decent when I mic'd my Martin (along with the DI from the pickup). Honestly the preamp is not that important. Just make sure you record a relatively level guitar track and apply effects, and compression if your recording is too dynamic (I highly suggest don't use compression just get a good recording).

Funnily enough, a friend of mine got married last year and she asked me to play some acoustic stuff at her wedding. Bastardized classical stuff, basically. I made a few recordings for rehearsal purposes, and all I did was point my SM-57 into the sound hole, played as well as a could, and with a dash of reverb and a little EQ'ing, it actually sounded amazing. I was so surprised.

Ignite amps NRR-1 or The Anvil are pretty awesome or maybe some of the Aradaz ampsims. All free so that is a bonus haha