Clearing the air

BenMech

student of the d'eh
I've been a little bit unpleasant to people who do not deserve scorn thrown at them. People I have been scornful to:

Glenn Harveston

Tom S. Englund (and by extension, the entire lineup of Evergrey)

probably somebody else.

These people work more than just their own butt off to get something that I lack the talent to ever do. They are fully dedicated to quality concert events, albums, songs, and other causes. Cheers to continuing their quests. Thank you for what you've done.

I look forward to attending the new ProgPower USA festival (and perhaps one day Rene's Europe fest), regardless of the band lineup.

Thank you,

Benjamin D. Adler

What's all this about? Beginning a 12-step program? What's the story?

Or should I even ask...?

OceanMech said:
I've been a little bit unpleasant to people who do not deserve scorn thrown at them. People I have been scornful to:

Glenn Harveston

Tom S. Englund (and by extension, the entire lineup of Evergrey)

probably somebody else.

These people work more than just their own butt off to get something that I lack the talent to ever do. They are fully dedicated to quality concert events, albums, songs, and other causes. Cheers to continuing their quests. Thank you for what you've done.

I look forward to attending the new ProgPower USA festival (and perhaps one day Rene's Europe fest), regardless of the band lineup.

Dude, while your sentiments here are obviously well intentioned, how does this post exactly "clear the air"? I mean, you indicated that you were scornful (and I've read basically all your posts at UM and on Perpetual Motion) towards people who did not deserve such treatment, but you gave no justification or at least an explanation for such actions. I mean, your post certainly has an apologetic tone, but what caused the mean-spirited posts in the first place? Was it basically a private matter?

Anyway, even if this really wasn't a true "clearing of the air", at least an apology is always a good place to start.

Demonspell said:
Perhaps Ben can join Adam and Jim in writing an article humorously denouncing every band on the Progpower lineup. (not everyone will get this joke.)
I remember that, they did that in Apropriate Apocalypse didn't they? That was hilarious!:tickled: :tickled: