Clearly Dave Mustaine Needs To Come To ProgPower

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
SPIN.com: So who puts on the best show [on the tour]?

Mustaine: The best live show that I've ever seen is SLAYER. Their energy is just over the top. We try to play our best. But, as far as the energy and stuff, I've never seen anybody do what Kerry and SLAYER can do.

Seriously???? Slayer?!?!? So many of the bands from ProgPower put Slayer to shame as far as live performances go.

Like who?

Slayer is a great live band, even if they aren't the most talented musicians.

Slayer, although not a great band anymore, still puts on quite an amazing show. The energy is huge. Too bad the band sucks at writing music nowadays.

What the hell are you smoking? Slayer may not be one of my absolute favorite bands, but in terms of live performance they smoke most bands. I even remember hearing an interview with Portnoy years ago, where he wanted to quit DT (yes, quite ironic now) one night after they had to follow Slayer.

Dolamite - You are going to be alone here I think.
Have you ever seen Slayer live???
I have seen them back in the day (Well, first time was South of Heaven tour), through as recent as a couple years ago.

Never a bad show out of the 6 or so times I have seen them.

Amazing energy always from the stage and the crowd.

As far as if Dave is playing politics, could be?
Does anyone take anything he says seriously?

I actually thought that Slayer was boring as shit tonight until they started playing their old material. Anthrax was the best of the night!!!

I actually thought that Slayer was boring as shit tonight until they started playing their old material. Anthrax was the best of the night!!!

boring or not, the crowd reciprocated the energy.

and I also agree with you on Anthrax. I've never had the good fortune before last night of seeing them with Joey Belladonna. And they put on (IMHO) the best show of the night. Too bad they were only given a lousy 35-40 minutes to perform. Meanwhile Megadeth dialed in the entire Rust In Peace album - again - and a few songs to follow, including my least favorite Mustaine song of all time: A Tout Le Monde. *yawn* I only caught about the first 6 songs of Slayer before having to call it a night. Was up since 4:30AM yesterday. But I did enjoy Slayer. Man, when they tore into War Ensemble, I was actually glad I wasn't on the floor. :zombie: That pit grew exponentially. wow.

boring or not, the crowd reciprocated the energy.

and I also agree with you on Anthrax. I've never had the good fortune before last night of seeing them with Joey Belladonna. And they put on (IMHO) the best show of the night. Too bad they were only given a lousy 35-40 minutes to perform. Meanwhile Megadeth dialed in the entire Rust In Peace album - again - and a few songs to follow, including my least favorite Mustaine song of all time: A Tout Le Monde. *yawn* I only caught about the first 6 songs of Slayer before having to call it a night. Was up since 4:30AM yesterday. But I did enjoy Slayer. Man, when they tore into War Ensemble, I was actually glad I wasn't on the floor. :zombie: That pit grew exponentially. wow.

I guess I'm just used to more high energy shows...the crowd seemed really tame to me. I thought Megadeth was much better back in March. Dave can't sing anymore. His highs sound like Mickey Mouse.

But yeah, War Ensemble is one of the songs I really like from Seasons and that was awesome.

SPIN.com: So who puts on the best show [on the tour]?

Mustaine: The best live show that I've ever seen is SLAYER. Their energy is just over the top. We try to play our best. But, as far as the energy and stuff, I've never seen anybody do what Kerry and SLAYER can do.

Seriously???? Slayer?!?!? So many of the bands from ProgPower put Slayer to shame as far as live performances go.

ROTFF! Dude are you are crack??? NO BAND, let me repeat, NO BAND at Progpower has EVER put Slayer to shame as far as live performaces go. :devil: there is a reason no band wants to follow Slayer live....this band kills live

Being a "seasoned" metal-head myself, I saw many thrash bands back in their prime including Slayer. Slayer was among then top of the heap for certain. I caught them first on the "Season" tour. I also had the pleasure of seeing the first Belladonna era Anthrax and Pantera from the "Cowboys From Hell" tour. They were awesome. Tough to beat their live show..... though Pantera gave them a run for their money.

Bryant

Only ProgPower bands I've seen that had tremendous amounts of energy surpassing others at PP were; BRAINSTORM, Circle II Circle, Tad Morose, Silent Force and Orphaned Land. Those were the bands that had my jaw dropping.

Slayer.. simply slays live. I've seen them numerous times since the Seasons Tour. Anthrax I've seen many times since POT. Megadeth I've seen 3 songs then left to see Motorhead at Ozzfest. I'm looking forward to seeing some Joey Anthrax again and Megadeth!!! Slayer I know will kill.

Like stated before me, not many bands want to follow Slayer for a reason.

Wow, I am surprised that so many people disagree with me. I have seen Slayer 4 times but only since 2001, and this last time I saw them in August with MegaDave and Testament and I just thought wow this kinda boring compared to Megadeth just 45 mins ago and nowhere close to Testament, who had the best show of the night imo.

As far as performances at PP that I have seen that top a Slayer show: Evergrey PP VII, Symphorce PP VI, Amorphis PP IX, Pagans Mind X, Circus Maximus PP X, Seventh Wonder PP XI, and I could go on but this is also IMO.

Hate to tell you but Megadeth was the worse band of the evening...Even Anthrax blew them away last night in the ATL....Dave's vocals sucked...and Chris Broderick changed the lead guitar work in Peace Sells...WTF! You don;t mess with a classic like that...

Hate to tell you but Megadeth was the worse band of the evening...Even Anthrax blew them away last night in the ATL....Dave's vocals sucked...and Chris Broderick changed the lead guitar work in Peace Sells...WTF! You don;t mess with a classic like that...

I know someone else mentioned Testament in this thread (a different tour) and to be honest, I would rather see Testament than either Anthrax or Mega-Dave. Chuck Billy is easily the best singer of all the big thrash bands out there. I hope we can see another big tour like this one day, but with Testament on board as well.

Bryant