Clearly Dave Mustaine Needs To Come To ProgPower

Slayer is with out a doubt, hands down, the worst show I have ever seen in my life. Just awful. I mean I have seen garage bands better. It was so bad that it sounded like the members were not even playing the same song. Just painful.

I could say this about other bands that are praised also.It's simply a matter of opinion in most cases.Although there certainly are bands that have off nights from time to time.Maybe that's what happened when you saw them.

In terms of pure "frontmanism," who besides Tobias is better in our circles? Btw, I do not consider vocals as part of the frontman equation.

I think that in our circles, Tobias and Joakim are at the top of their game with no doubt. I think that's in part due to the nature of their music though. Would Tobias be just as awesome a frontman if he was the singer for a band that wasn't so bombastic?

There are other singers in our circles that I consider to be just as good frontmen as these two. Perhaps not as energetic, but they do take the stage owning it in their own way. An example? Tomi Joutsen from Amorphis. If you want to stretch it a bit, Andy Franck (Brainstorm), Anders Friden from In Flames and Bjorn Speed Strid from Soilwork kill too! I think in order to be an amazing frontman it takes a lot more than running around the stage (not that that's a bad thing).

In terms of pure "frontmanism," who besides Tobias is better in our circles? Btw, I do not consider vocals as part of the frontman equation.

Mattias Eklundh ;)

I'd put him equal with Joakim in completely different ways. Never seen Tobias.

rolls eyes.....sorry go back to your light weight metal bands then...some of us like our metal on the heavier side :devil:

I saw them in the middle of my Heavy years (which I still like heavy stuff just not as much as i used to). Hey if you like them then cool, I will still bang my head to their stuff, but the time I saw them it was just awful.:devil:

I could say this about other bands that are praised also.It's simply a matter of opinion in most cases.Although there certainly are bands that have off nights from time to time.Maybe that's what happened when you saw them.

I pretty sure this was the case.

Dolamite - You are going to be alone here I think.
Have you ever seen Slayer live???
I have seen them back in the day (Well, first time was South of Heaven tour), through as recent as a couple years ago.

Never a bad show out of the 6 or so times I have seen them.

Amazing energy always from the stage and the crowd.

As far as if Dave is playing politics, could be?
Does anyone take anything he says seriously?
I saw them on the Reign in Blood tour (they were one of favorites back then) and then a few years ago on Ozzfest. They definitely have energy live, but they are not the most accomplished musicians. But I guess it doesn't really matter when people are hiving the time of their lives at their shows!

Wow, I am surprised that so many people disagree with me. I have seen Slayer 4 times but only since 2001, and this last time I saw them in August with MegaDave and Testament and I just thought wow this kinda boring compared to Megadeth just 45 mins ago and nowhere close to Testament, who had the best show of the night imo.

As far as performances at PP that I have seen that top a Slayer show: Evergrey PP VII, Symphorce PP VI, Amorphis PP IX, Pagans Mind X, Circus Maximus PP X, Seventh Wonder PP XI, and I could go on but this is also IMO.

Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you :lol: Some NYHC bands put on 200 times the amount of energy than the bands you listed:loco: I would agree from a previous post that a PANTERA/SLAYER show would have been something to die for.

TOP ENERGY SHOWS OF ALL TIME, PERSONALLY:

1:SLAYER
2:pANTERA
3:IRON MAIDEN
4:METALLICA
4:SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
5:CANDIRIA

Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you :lol: Some NYHC bands put on 200 times the amount of energy than the bands you listed:loco: I would agree from a previous post that a PANTERA/SLAYER show would have been something to die for.

I actually caught the Pantera/Slayer/Morbid Angel tour a few years ago. Although I was never a huge fan of Pantera, the concert was unreal. One of the most energetic performances I've ever seen (and I've been to most concerts than you can imagine).

Huh dude Pantera Slayer tour happened in July of 2001 and the energy that AngraRULES mentioned was there for both Pantera and Slayer, I was just merely stating that to say Slayer is the top live act of all time is a HUGE OVER STATEMENT.

Also NYHC sucks big hairy balls in my opinion, so dont compare the energy that goes through the air when Michael Eriksen sings to bunch of dudes from NYC screaming about rising up against the man blah blah hatebreed blah blah sick of it all blah. Once again its my opinion

Huh dude Pantera Slayer tour happened in July of 2001 and the energy that AngraRULES mentioned was there for both Pantera and Slayer, I was just merely stating that to say Slayer is the top live act of all time is a HUGE OVER STATEMENT.

Real good live band (most of the time)? Definitely. Lots of energy during Slayer and Pantera's set? No doubt! Top live act of all time? Not at all.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Also NYHC sucks big hairy balls in my opinion, so dont compare the energy that goes through the air when Michael Eriksen sings to bunch of dudes from NYC screaming about rising up against the man blah blah hatebreed blah blah sick of it all blah. Once again its my opinion

Your opinion is actually shared by me. NYHC has a lot of energy for sure. Let's just say it's "non-domesticated energy." :lol:

I have to agree on the fact that it comes down to personal taste. I’ve seen Slayer at least 2 times before, and you know I just can not get into them. I’ve really tried, just not my thing. I wouldn’t say they are the worst though, but at the same time I couldn’t say the best. Perhaps in the thrash metal genre they are the best? Over all, I wouldn’t be able to say, at least not yet, still a lot of bands I still need to see live.

Don't let your hatred of the vocals/imagery/everything Sabaton interfere with the observation of his front man ability. He commands the stage and is one of the best in the biz at the moment.

Hatred can't be used for anything - it's a poor man's emotion.
I don't hate Sabaton at all. Sabaton is music I personally think is redundant and their singer is horrible as a vocalist. That said, I have no doubt at all that he is a great frontman.

But for someone to say that he out rivals the energy of Slayer, a band that for 25 years have devastated stages all across the world, that's just plain stupid.

Thus, Yonfon should quit smoking so much pot ;)

That said, I have no doubt at all that he is a great frontman.

Read your post wrong. Good to see you can still see things clearly!

But for someone to say that he out rivals the energy of Slayer, a band that for 25 years have devastated stages all across the world, that's just plain stupid. Thus, Yonfon should quit smoking so much pot ;)

I'm not going to defend that argument. What I will point out is perhaps he is pointing out actual physical energy spent from band stage movement as compared to what I would call the Slayer intensity created by the music and crowd response. Tom's back keeps him rather stationary these days, but it's still fucking Slayer we are talking about.

Hatebreed isn't NYHC and while Circus Maximus rules live, if you think they have more energy than a Cro-Mags show, you're crazy!!

John Joseph of the Cro-Mags is one of my heroes, he is like superman to me!! Have you ever read his book? The Evolution of a Cro-Magnon. Also, you want to talk about a high energy show,here is one for you!

Nov. 13th
The Palladium worcester, ma

Suicidal Tendencies (the drummer now must be the fastest 350 lb man behind a kit,amazing)

Cro-Mags (basically john joseph and members of Leeway,still going to kickass)

D.R.I (enough said)

Underdog (holy fuc#in sh*t,cant believe these guys are playing shows again)

Death Before Dishonor (only band, could care less about)

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - 2010 TOUR DATES
10/15/2010 Knitting Factory - Reno, NV
10/16/2010 Roseland - Portland, OR
10/17/2010 Showbox - Seattle, WA
10/20/2010 Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
10/22/2010 House Of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
10/26/2010 Black Sheep - Colorado Springs, CO
10/29/2010 Harpo's - Detroit, MI
10/30/2010 Eagles - Milwaukee, WI
10/31/2010 Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
11/02/2010 Pops - St. Louis, MO
11/04/2010 Meridioen - Houston, TX