Click and backing tracks live [Roland SPD-S] Help Needed

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Our band has an SPD-S. Last night we tried setting it up so we can send clicks to the drummer and backing tracks/samples to the PA.

We got close, but no cigar.

In REAPER, we made click source for the track, along with the sample. Click panned 100% right and sample 100% left. Rendered, loaded onto SPD-S, and got either:

A) Click only coming through
B) Sample only coming through

Using a regular instrument cable from SPD-S to the PA.

The only thing I can think of is the headphones ..... Do we need a mono adapter before the stereo plug of the headphones?

ALSO - the backing track is a stereo track. Should this be mono?

Ok. I was just wondering....because the headphone 1/4" is stereo and I wasn't sure if putting a mono adapter in front of it would even do anything.

Thanks!! I did search Google and Sneap Search and still couldn't quite find the answer.

/newb

Well, picked up a mono 1/4" male to mono 1/4" female, tried this again. Still no luck. I feel like a retahd.

We DID get it to work when we plugged a 1/4" instrument cable from the SPD-S to a small practice guitar amp, and the other SPD-S output to the PA - that worked "properly".

Just read a bit on Google and a few posters saying to use a dummy plug in one of the normal outputs and use the Headphone Out for the drummer....

Just isn't making sense to me. It shouldn't be so difficult, and we wasted about an hour of precious practice time so far screwing with this thing.