Cliff Burnstein 'Death Magnetic' Sound Complainers Are A Tiny Minority

jhrv

Mar 27, 2007
Blabbermouth:

METALLICA Manager: 'Death Magnetic' Sound Complainers Are A Tiny Minority

METALLICA and the album's producer, Rick Rubin, declined to comment. Cliff Burnstein, METALLICA's co-manager, says the complainers are a tiny minority. He says 98% of listeners are "overwhelmingly positive," adding: "There's something exciting about the sound of this record that people are responding to."

This guy is DEAF??? o_O

I'm so F**king pissed off right now!

Blabbermouth:

METALLICA Manager: 'Death Magnetic' Sound Complainers Are A Tiny Minority

METALLICA and the album's producer, Rick Rubin, declined to comment. Cliff Burnstein, METALLICA's co-manager, says the complainers are a tiny minority. He says 98% of listeners are "overwhelmingly positive," adding: "There's something exciting about the sound of this record that people are responding to."

This guy is DEAF??? o_O

I'm so F**king pissed off right now!

That makes me angry, too. The only thing, we can do, is to hope, that the mysterie producer makes his job complete. We can fight against this by realising our "Muppets" cover project. I think that will be spreaded.

Sadly I realise more and more..that will never happen anything:mad: Now it´s up to us to make the best out of it.

It´s ignorant behavior from the Metallica management.

I'm done with Metallica. It doesn't matter if DM is re-mixed or whatever. 10.000+ people are a tiny minority? Yes, but they are still people who bought the fucking album!.

I'm done with Metallica. It doesn't matter if DM is re-mixed or whatever. 10.000+ people are a tiny minority? Yes, but they are still people who bought the fucking album!.

For years, we are disappointed by Metallica..again and again. But they can do what they want - and WE can do what we want. For Example not support it...but 10.000 is ridicoulus in compare with Millions. That would´n hurt...nothing hurt this multi million heavy thrash metalheads.

If this is damage control, it´s the most damaging control to Metallica as band and their music. The best damage control Metallica could make about Deaf Magnetic(maybe the most fitting name for the Mastered by Muppet´s project you guy´s are working on here, cant wait to hear it :)) is to fire Cliff Burnstein and remix the album.

but 10.000 is ridicoulus in compare with Millions.

You know that statistically 10,000 sigs indicates far more than 10,000 people probably have an issue with the sound.

This whole thing gets more confusing the more i think about it. On one hand i can't imagine any self respecting professional thinking this sound was OK and on the other hand if its a case that the ball was dropped at some point i can't imagine any self respecting professional not bloody noticing it.

You know that statistically 10,000 sigs indicates far more than 10,000 people probably have an issue with the sound.

This whole thing gets more confusing the more i think about it. On one hand i can't imagine any self respecting professional thinking this sound was OK and on the other hand if its a case that the ball was dropped at some point i can't imagine any self respecting professional not bloody noticing it.

+1

I just listen to this original CD again..it´s far beyond listenable enjoyment:erk:

When you watch the "makin of" dvd you will see, that they are totaly in and workin on each small detail lovingly..especially lars. I cannot believe this was happened with purpose. In the makin´of they all seems to be very proud..(on Judas kiss) they knew and feeled, that they made the best Metallica song since 2 decades. But why this sound then ??? It´s an accident and they are too proud to admit.

+1

I just listen to this original CD again..it´s far beyond listenable enjoyment:erk:
When you watch the "makin of" dvd you will see, that they are totaly in and workin on each small detail lovingly..especially lars. I cannot believe this was happened with purpose. In the makin´of they all seems to be very proud..(on Judas kiss) they knew and feeled, that they made the best Metallica song since 2 decades. But why this sound then ??? It´s an accident and they are too proud to admit.

All that hard work for nothing, everything buried under a storm of clipping and digital distortion because some dickwad decided to ruin the album by overcompressing the mix.
They admitted that it was problem even before the album came out after itunes and fans complained about the clipping in The day that never comes single, so this statement is just like running into a brick wall :loco:
This just show´s how money can fuck things up way beyond reality.

Maybe not 98% but over 95% of fans are not complaining about the sound quality and I'm almost sure of that. Unfortunately I have to agree that most of people are kinda deaf.

Why we get no Statements ?? I think especially the real fans of Metallica feel disturbed by this sound. The normalo fastfood music listener will not have problems with that sound. But the passioned fans, like me and some others, are pissed, I think(except some blind and deaf fanboys). THAT`s a SCANDAL !

But sadly enough we must be insightful, that Metallica can do what they want. And we can do, what WE want..namely NOT support any shit like this!!!

Yawn!

I mean, I am looking forward to all the coverversions and new mixes, etc., but I really can't wait till this board doesn't talk about Metallica anymore :D

So langsam nervt´s mich auch..passiert ja ohnehin nix:puke:

I just found a very wise contribution on another thread:

"Your favourite band are a product get over it...support your local talents"

LET`S FORGET THIS WHOLE METALLICA SHIT AND SUPPORT THE LOCAL BANDS WHO HAVE MORE CHARACTER AND BALLS !!! :headbang: