Clip of Harvest from the Melloboat

Yeah. I did not even expect them to do something like this. When Mike said that they were messing around with a classic, I would never, ever have thought of something from Blackwater Park. I expected something from the first two albums, or even something from My Arms, Your Hearse.

anyone else hate the bitches singing ruining mikael's vocals? HAERLO OH DEF BE MUTT ME IS TEH MARYTER

fucking god damnit, if you cant sing at least on pitch, then shut the fuck up.

anyone else hate the bitches singing ruining mikael's vocals? HAERLO OH DEF BE MUTT ME IS TEH MARYTER

have you never been to a concert with a large crowd of drunk metalheads? im guessing that the answer is no

It's like that at every concert ever. Professional recordings don't pick it up as much because it records from the stage, but if you're watching a fan bootleg you're always going to hear it.

:erk:

the only annoying thing when they played that song was the drunk retard next to me who kept yelling something like "kom igång nån gång då!" (translates roughly to "get the song going!") and then trying to sing the "release your grip..."-part EVERY fucking time they got to the chorus, only he didn't even know the words :rolleyes:
also, during like... two or three of mikaels solos he yelled (imagine it in a very drunk/slurry voice) "han är faan ett geni!" (tr. "he's a fucking genious!")

/end of rambling :lol:

Count me in. I hate that shit. I came to hear Mike sing, not you. On the heavy shit, scream your heart out because you're getting drowned out by the band. But in a mellow song? Shut the fuck up. And stop fucking clapping during the song, you arrythmic dipshits.

You should stay the fuck away from concerts, then! Man... Part of the fun for many - including the band - are the sing alongs.

Well you can shut up, I cant sing.. at all.. I mean it's really bad.. but I always sing a ong when I go to concerts and I have no intention of stopping. I mean you can hardly hear it anyway.. I guess some people are trying too hard though, screaming their lungs out, which can be annoying.

Count me in. I hate that shit. I came to hear Mike sing, not you. On the heavy shit, scream your heart out because you're getting drowned out by the band. But in a mellow song? Shut the fuck up. And stop fucking clapping during the song, you arrythmic dipshits.

Oh come on! Stop whining. The guy DarkGift talked about sure sounds annoying but seriously people clapping... Loosen up or you might end up strangling yourself.

oh and sorry for double post didn't see page 2.

You should stay the fuck away from concerts, then! Man... Part of the fun for many - including the band - are the sing alongs.

Listen, man.... I know what you're saying, and it seems to make sense as an idea. When you're talking about an arena, then it works. There are enough people that the pitch discrepancies read as a chorus effect, and it sounds huge and awesome. It also works if everyone plays along.

The problem is with seeing the band in a club or other small venue, and mere pockets of people, possibly drunk, lacking in talent, voices strained to be heard over the PA's, decide to sing along. Especially when that pocket is right next to you. And ESPECIALLY, when it's not in a "sing along" part. You have to read the situation. I was at an Opeth show and we all sang along to the chorus of "In My Time of Need", and it was a cool experience.

Bad experience: being at a Tori Amos show, and during her acoustic set, the fairy winged teeny boppers in front of me decided to sing along to every song, regardless of whether or not they actually knew the lyrics or the melody. It was painful, and I had to resist the urge to throttle them. They had the fucking nerve to say, "Isn't Tori great?" between songs. As if they could even hear what she was doing.

Great experience 1: Iron Maiden - The Trooper. Singing along to the "Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh" part. Cuz you're SUPPOSED to. (See also, Fear of the Dark)

Great experience 2: Not very metal, but it was a Ben Folds concert, and, without Ben's help, the crowd spontaneously sings the missing harmony lines and even horn parts. A VERY musically talented crowd. Blew me away. There's some stuff like it on his live album, but they were coached. Our crowd wasn't. Totally sweet, and a memorable, fun experience.