Clone SE: talks starting, fingers crossing

I remember when Mission Profile could be downloaded from the homepage just before subsurface came out, I think that a small taster free of charge is great idea for those who have heard of Threshold but have never heard any of the music.

(I avoided temptation and waited to hear the album in full but that's just me :))

I sent that link to a few friends and a few other forums and i think it helped in a small way to spread the word.

It's still a possibility and I hope it will happen. But right now we're just concentrating on Dead Reckoning, once you've heard it you won't care about Clone anymore!

You're absolute right, you must put all your efforts on Dead Reckoning now...
But Rich, please remember that ALL Threshold's album are important for us (well, at least for me ;)) and I don't think will happen that I won't care about one of my favourite album anymore :p

It's still a possibility and I hope it will happen. But right now we're just concentrating on Dead Reckoning, once you've heard it you won't care about Clone anymore!

While watching my collection of Threshold CDs I realised there's still something missing (and it's NOT Dead Reckoning) and decided it's time to revive this old thread and bring this question up again...

So Rich: Clone SE, is it still a possibilty ;)

Pfff...that's an old thread. I got all excited thinking that Clone was going to be re-released and I was thinking of pushing the idea of doing an 'Evening with Threshold' and play Clone in it's entirety and have a second part devoted to the rest of the Threshold catalogue.

They still got 2 days to respond :p Unless they're already driving around in germany trying to find the venue :p

I'm all for the "an evening with threshold" idea, ofcourse!

The 2nd issue of Beyond cleared up things a bit, but definitely not the way we hoped... here's Karlo Groom spoeaking about it:
The CD I wish we had more extras for was Clone though. The album was complete at the time and there was not much left over. Also the live tracks recorded are in a terrible state in terms of recording quality. I did start working on them when there was a possibility of making a special edition of Clone. The reality is that the vocals would need re-recording in this case and that is not possible any longer.
Sounds like they would take Clone up to the very high standards of the other releases, but it's no longer possible. :(
This morning I did a parallel listening of Freaks with either the old Net Version and the new Radio Edit, and noticed that Karl and Rich did a slight remix, improving especially drums. So I thought that the slight remix was enough to make it sound as good as the rest of the songs on Paradox. I always loved the crunchy sound of the guitars of Clone, but I'm pretty sure the band would enhance it much more - like they did with Psychedelicatessen.

This led me to remind that Clone was written when Damian was still in the band, so when Karl says that it's no longer possible to re-record vocals, well, that's not 100% true: what about a special edition featuring the original version of Clone, slightly remixed as for Freaks, plus a second cd sung by Damian, and with re-recorded parts when needed? Having not so many extras to be added, this solution would make the Special Edition attractive either to those who already have Clone, or to those who don't. And even who's not fond of it may want to give it another chance.

What do you think?

This led me to remind that Clone was written when Damian was still in the band, so when Karl says that it's no longer possible to re-record vocals, well, that's not 100% true: what about a special edition featuring the original version of Clone, slightly remixed as for Freaks, plus a second cd sung by Damian, and with re-recorded parts when needed? Having not so many extras to be added, this solution would make the Special Edition attractive either to those who already have Clone, or to those who don't. And even who's not fond of it may want to give it another chance.

What do you think?

Awesome idea!