Clone SE: talks starting, fingers crossing

LavagesOfTime

evangelist of Threshold
Mar 2, 2002
Rome, Italy
www.myspace.com
As you may have read from the latest Devoted Newsletter, it seems that discussions about the reissue of Clone started again. As from what I know, the only problem with it was legal - even though I'd like to ask GEP boss why has it been easy for them to let inside out rerelease the first three albums, and instead made so much troubles for Clone.

Anyway, the newsletter says that nothing is certain at this moment, but surely ity wont take long to see it in stores after the possible resolution of the controversy, since the band already knows "how" to rework it, being the re-release planned years ago.

In case of "victory", this would be another success of the "popular requests" and of course another proof of the respect and care that this lovely band shows once more again for the fans.

Having discussed it ages ago with Richard, I had suggested to add the songs featured on Decadent (as they did for extinct instinct), because the urban version of Voyager II and the acustic version of Change are definitely a must. And yet, a description of the story would be necessary, otherwise not many would have noticed it was a concept album, so I suggested the one featured on the Threshold fan club magazine "Devoted" Issue 3 - Winter 1998, which is also on Light And Space and explains very well the story.

Lots of time has passed, indeed... so let's cross our fingers for now! :cool:

It would indeed be great if that happened sometime soon...! With hopefully LOADS of new stuff on it to make it worthwhile buying Clone again (it seems I'm about to end up having all Threshold albums twice....), but even just a good remastering job would make it worthwhile I guess. For when I think about the difference on Psychedelicatessen....! Wow.

I don't think it needs a big remastering work - Clone sounds very good while Psych was undoubtfully "weak". Instead, I hope for lots of multimedia stuff (yes, I mean demos!) and some more info about the concept!

Madrigal said:
It would indeed be great if that happened sometime soon...! With hopefully LOADS of new stuff on it to make it worthwhile buying Clone again (it seems I'm about to end up having all Threshold albums twice....), but even just a good remastering job would make it worthwhile I guess. For when I think about the difference on Psychedelicatessen....! Wow.

I've only got the Wounded Land remaster while I have kept the Psyche and EI originals. By what you all say, it's worth investing in the remasters sometime?

WL and EI are just remixed so they are quite similiar to the originals; but surely the demos on the multimedia section of WL are quite interesting!

Psych is instead remastered, so it's quite different (and better!), and it also features a second cd (livedelica) with a good multimedia section (two good videos plus other stuff i dont remember now - go see light and space for details! ;)). So, if you have to choose, asbsolutely go for psychedelicatessen...

[madrigal mode]
why choose ? Go buy both albums!!!!
You will have TWO more good cds in your collection and - above all - help threshold to grow bigger!
[/madrigal mode]

:D

I really REALLY hope they release this!

Do you think there's any audition footage of Mac or other vocalists trying out for this album? That would make for some cool bonus material.

I have the feeling that you haven't read the Clone Studio Diary since you ignore how the audiotions worked... :D

"[...] With only five days to go before Damian is due to start recording his vocals, he phones us to say that he's decided to join a travelling theatre company and won't be able to do the album. Fortunately, our friends in Germany know of a couple of possible replacements, and we are sent some CDs. The ex-vocalist from Sargant Fury sounds perfect, and this turns out to be the whole audition process, resulting in a complete stranger called Andrew “Mac” McDermott becoming our new singer"

Deep Shadow said:
Psych is (seen from the bonus side) the best re-release so far :)!!

No, not only from the bonus side, but also in terms of overall SOUND. We now know that correctly termed it's due to a great REMIX job done on it.
If you only have the first release, BUY it..... it will blow you over. For sure.

See, you weren't quite accurate when taking the piss of me, Rob, but you certainly get the general conclusions right! :lol:

LavagesOfTime said:
WL and EI are just remixed so they are quite similiar to the originals; but surely the demos on the multimedia section of WL are quite interesting!

Psych is instead remastered, so it's quite different (and better!), and it also features a second cd (livedelica) with a good multimedia section (two good videos plus other stuff i dont remember now - go see light and space for details! ;)). So, if you have to choose, asbsolutely go for psychedelicatessen...

[madrigal mode]
why choose ? Go buy both albums!!!!
You will have TWO more good cds in your collection and - above all - help threshold to grow bigger!
[/madrigal mode]

:D

Cheers. I'll buy the Psyche and EI reissues at some point. My originals will be sold on ebay.

Hey, that was my plan for Clone! Writing it here in the froum the chances for a good result on eBay are decreasing dramatically... :)!
Otherwise, keeping it will offer me the posibillity having one more fantastic Threshold album without any further releases... *g*! That's at least what I guess Madrigal will say... :)!

Holy thread resurection batman!

So yeah, i guess the move to Nuclear Blast has put this on the back burner for now as things will probably have to be re-negotiated, unless Inside Out can still legally release it.

I'm still holding my breath for it though. I like the fact that every single Threshold album I own is a special edition with clone being last on my list of label released cds to get.

EDIT: Where have my posts gone!!

/me goes to regrow e-penis