COB- Best Of Japan

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
I have word that there is gonna be a Children of Bodom Best Of released in Japan in the near future. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this before I and probably you too, shell out the big bucks for a Jap import.

Ben

Never heard of it. The only thing I know released from Nihon is Tokyo Warhearts but of course, that's not exactly a "Best Of" album. Don't get your hopes up. If it's not mentioned on the main CoB site or mention from Janne or Henkka on these forums or isn't already released, it's false.

NP: Death - Perrenial Quest

The way I heard about it was the current preorder listings from this guy Ive been ordering cds from for five years now. He hasnt made any fuckups or anything like that yet so I consider him pretty reliable. Just curious about it.

Ben

I'm hoping theres something new or rare on it but Japanese labels are known for releasing best ofs and comps out the ass take a look at Harem Scarem's discography to see what I mean.

Ben

Heres what my supplier has listed right now.

Children Of Bodom *Best Of CD* Jpn 2003/Japanese exclusive compilation for the Scandinavian black metal outfit. Special packaging for first pressing only. Details TBA. $26.00 ONLY AVAILABLE by preorder.
I've emailed him for any more info, as soon as I find out whats on it I'll post it.​
Ben​
Also, note that he does know that COB are from Finland, this is just the info that his distributor has sent him so far.​

Or maybe a bootleg which somebody made to make some money... If you can do silver pressed CDs, it's very easy to do such compilations. I know that there are lot of so called "Best Of" albums of other bands and the bands, their management or their record company don't know about that.

Well, it could be that even Janne doesn't know about that. COB have a lot of different record companies which distribute the albums in all the other countries. So I don't know if he is informed if their Japanese label is planning to do a Best Of.