COB Covers Competition

If they say, that they'll announce it on the 28th of september, they should do it...i hate it when my nerves get stretched :rofl:
i think it isn't such a big deal to send out an ltd m-53 (and the other things) to anyone...^_^

Great competition!

thumbs_up.jpg

I swear they screwed us all, and are laughing even harder at the Alexi poseur competition.

Dear forum people,

We're sorry to inform the answers received by the Covers Competition were simply so gay we're unauthorized to hand over the guitar from our back room or the rest of the merchandize.

Better luck next time faggots. Sincerely yours,

the cobhc.com Crew

I swear they screwed us all, and are laughing even harder at the Alexi poseur competition.

Dear forum people,

We're sorry to inform the answers received by the Covers Competition were simply so gay we're unauthorized to hand over the guitar from our back room or the rest of the merchandize.

the cobhc.com Crew

I lol'd.

I think the Judge of the Alexi comp will end up killing himself before he gets past the first 10 entries.

Dear forum people,

the cobhc.com Crew

i was thinking the same thing, they are just doing it for the laughs and free ideas :lol:

Dear forum people,

the cobhc.com Crew

:lol: probably

They just announced it..
It would bekinda interesting to hear this song being covered by COB.

A huge thanks to everyone that entered the competition! We’re pleased to announce that the winner is Ryan from Sydney, Australia, who suggested The Bangles’ “Eternal Flame”. This is what Ryan had to say about his choice :

“I think they should have covered Eternal Flame by The Bangles, because COB are good at putting a death metal twist on pop/love songs and I think they would make an awesome Eternal Flame cover.”

We agree.

Thanks to everyone that sent in their entries! The top 20 requests were :

Ozzy Osbourne ‘Crazy Train’

Michael Jackson ‘Beat It’

Judas Priest “Painkiller”

Metallica “Master Of Puppets”

W.A.S.P. “Wild Child”

Rihanna “Umbrella”

Pantera “Cowboys From Hell”

Blue Oyster Cult “Don’t Fear The Reaper”

Journey “Don’t Stop Believing”

Megadeth “Hangar 18”

Lady Gaga “Pokerface”

Michael Jackson “Thriller”

Guns N’ Roses “Welcome To The Jungle”

A-Ha “Take On Me”

Van Halen “Jump”

Slayer “Raining Blood”

Skid Row “Youth Gone Wild”

Katy Perry “I Kissed A Girl”

Black Sabbath “Paranoid”

Alice Cooper “Poison”

Mozart's Don Giovanni - "Alexi described this composition from his favourite musician: "the ending scene in Don Giovanni is so heavy material it actually makes you feel sick." It would be epic for one of the best bands of the modern world to cover arguably the most legendary composer in history."

This would've been my answer, but I missed the deadline.

They just announced it..
It would bekinda interesting to hear this song being covered by COB.

A huge thanks to everyone that entered the competition! We’re pleased to announce that the winner is Ryan from Sydney, Australia, who suggested The Bangles’ “Eternal Flame”. This is what Ryan had to say about his choice :

“I think they should have covered Eternal Flame by The Bangles, because COB are good at putting a death metal twist on pop/love songs and I think they would make an awesome Eternal Flame cover.”

We agree.

Thanks to everyone that sent in their entries! The top 20 requests were :

Ozzy Osbourne ‘Crazy Train’

Michael Jackson ‘Beat It’

Judas Priest “Painkiller”

Metallica “Master Of Puppets”

W.A.S.P. “Wild Child”

Rihanna “Umbrella”

Pantera “Cowboys From Hell”

Blue Oyster Cult “Don’t Fear The Reaper”

Journey “Don’t Stop Believing”

Megadeth “Hangar 18”

Lady Gaga “Pokerface”

Michael Jackson “Thriller”

Guns N’ Roses “Welcome To The Jungle”

A-Ha “Take On Me”

Van Halen “Jump”

Slayer “Raining Blood”

Skid Row “Youth Gone Wild”

Katy Perry “I Kissed A Girl”

Black Sabbath “Paranoid”

Alice Cooper “Poison”

Well, alright, maybe I'm not as creative as the others, this was my suggestion.

EDIT: Mine:

I whould like Children Of Bodom to cover the song "Wild Child" by W.A.S.P.

It's a really nice song and the background story of the song title is also intresting in the way that Alexi is often called "Wild Child", and he got the inspiration from this song.

It is also said that Alexi got inspiration from the band itself in the early years of his successful carreer.

All the best!

Andreas Ekström
Södertälje, Sweden.

Well, even if they did Oops... it'd be fun to see what they can do with Pokerface or Umbrella or something like that, although yeah, it was easy to imagine a list with songs from bands Alexi likes and then total outsiders following the Oops thing.