CoB in the charts.

Kekkonen's Parrot

On your shoulder.
Jan 18, 2007
FIN
Congratulations to Children of Bodom, Blooddrunk is #22 in USA, and #44 in UK (#1 in rock charts) :kickass: Second best chart position for a Finnish band ever (HIM was #12 in USA).

Personally I'm very surprised about this, considering what kind of music they play (= marginal audience). Well, congratulations to the guys anyway and best of luck!

edit. also #1 in Finnish charts, but that's pretty obvious.

I heard this yesterday on the radio and was pretty f00kin' surprised.

Fucking awesome if you ask me! CoB and Finland FTW! :kickass:

CoB's an 'encouraging' example for the youth - 12 years of hard labour and you might make it with (melodic) death metal ;)

Well, they did it, so why not someone else...

^ You have completely missed my point. I wasn't expecting CoB to be #1 on those charts. What I meant was that there's still a strong metal culture in USA that still attends gigs and buys albums.

Do I really have to spell all this out for you or are you simply trying to be facetious?

edit. By the way, that shit you listed is very high on the Finnish charts too ;)

...and whoever said that USA is not a metal nation can now go and **** ***

USA really isn't a metal nation, but it is a damn BIG nation. We have over 300 million people. If even 1% of the population are metal fans, that's 3 million people. That's why you have to sell 500,000 copies to get a gold record here. Still, nearly 20,000 copies sold in a week is a damn nice result for anybody, nevermind a metal band. :kickass:

^ You have completely missed my point. I wasn't expecting CoB to be #1 on those charts. What I meant was that there's still a strong metal culture in USA that still attends gigs and buys albums.

Do I really have to spell all this out for you or are you simply trying to be facetious?

Well, Mr. Parrot! Next time you decide to write such a wild generalization (USA = METAL NATION AND IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE FUCK YOU LOL) without having anyone make fun of you, make sure you explain in detail what you mean.

A good example would be: "we're no Sweden, but at least Bodom topped Panic At The Disco! :kickass:".

Now you know! That's all for today's class. And remember kids, no country is a metal nation if Mariah Carey makes it into top 10. Good night and see you next time! :wave:

**** *** = ROFL LOL

#1: Mariah Carey
#2: Leona Lewis
#3: Hannah Montana LOL
#4: Lady Antebellum
#5: Now 27
#6: George Strait
#7: Alvin and the Chipmunks Soundtrack
#8: Juno Soundtrack
#9: R.E.M.
#10: Taylor Swift

MY OH MY WHAT A METAL NATION!!!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

That list is full of fail and not-like-this :lol:

^^haha, can't disagree with that, you made a fair point :)

(I still secretly wish that USA was a metal nation, damn you :) )

edited.

^^haha, can't disagree with that, you made a fair point :)

(I still secretly wish that USA was a metal nation )

Don't we all!

I blame grunge though! It was grunge that killed the beauty of hair metal and hard rock!

2000-12-20.gif

**** *** = ROFL LOL

#1: Mariah Carey
#2: Leona Lewis
#3: Hannah Montana LOL
#4: Lady Antebellum
#5: Now 27
#6: George Strait
#7: Alvin and the Chipmunks Soundtrack
#8: Juno Soundtrack
#9: R.E.M.
#10: Taylor Swift

MY OH MY WHAT A METAL NATION!!!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Hmm I know Maria Carey (not only because of her body), I heard the #2 name and 9# REM is acceptable. BUT WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE OTHER BANDS/COMPOSERS/SINGERS?! i never heard their name before.

@topic: quite nice.