CoB - Naked In America

ND24/7

Oct 23, 2003
Montreal, CAN
Visit site
"The Finnish people like to get naked when they're drunk, so that's something that sometimes the Americans don't understand," laughs CHILDREN OF BODOM keyboardist Janne Warman, speaking to BW&BK in Toronto, the band on tour with LAMB OF GOD and FEAR FACTORY. "So sometimes it's like, the bus driver comes up to the tour manager, 'Dude, there's five naked guys in the back lounge.' Oh, they're Finnish' (laughs)."

Such is life on the road on the triple bill (with THROWDOWN) hit tour playing to sold-out crowds almost everywhere. But the boys have at least managed to dress up for a new EP, out in Europe for a while now, but still not out in North America. "Yeah, the EP has two new COB songs and two new cover versions, ALICE COOPER's Bed Of Nails and ANDREW W. K.'s She Is Beautiful. The originals, again it's a natural development. The first track, 'Trashed, Lost & Strungout' is pretty much like a '24/7'-style thing and the other track 'Knuckleduster' is a bit more straightforward, heavier stuff."

And what's going on with your solo band, WARMEN?

"Warmen is in the process of releasing the next album. I was supposed to have already released it, but the summer was so busy with COB. We had like 14, 15 different festivals. It was like, fly out of Finland every Friday, come back Monday. And the weeks were like... all you could do is concentrate on the next weekend. So I thought I could record the album during the summertime, but now it's like halfway done. And when I go home, I'm going to finish it. It's going to be pretty much like the second album, a few songs with singing, and then some instrumental stuff. Pretty much the same style as the second album."

ND24/7 said:
"The Finnish people like to get naked when they're drunk, so that's something that sometimes the Americans don't understand," laughs CHILDREN OF BODOM keyboardist Janne Warman, speaking to BW&BK in Toronto, the band on tour with LAMB OF GOD and FEAR FACTORY. "So sometimes it's like, the bus driver comes up to the tour manager, 'Dude, there's five naked guys in the back lounge.' Oh, they're Finnish' (laughs)."
Ahahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

Die SPINNEN, die Finnen!!!!!!!!! :lol:

LAMB OF GOD's Randall Blythe gave BW&BK a few words of wisdom from the road, the band currently on tour with FEAR FACTORY, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THROWDOWN.

Word has it the Children Of Bodom guys are the king drinkers of the tour... true?

"Well (laughs), those guys, man, are pretty out of control," says Randy. "Their bass player, when we were in New York, I remember, got extremely hammered and wandered off, and he thought he was back in Helsinki, in Finland. And he was trying to find his home, and I don't think he understood that he was in New York City. He didn't understand why no one could carry him to his house. So their merch guy was running around New York all night long chasing him down through bad neighborhoods."

"I ride with them sometimes because they party late and then it's quiet on their bus during the day, because they're asleep. And that's what I like to do too; sleep during the day. And this bus is loud; it's fucked during the day because they're always playing video games or screaming or something. So I was riding with them one night and there was an immigration border check, in Arizona, where they're mostly checking for illegal immigrants, Mexicans, or illegal agricultural products or drugs. And I was sitting in the back lounge with one of the guys in Bodom and it was like 9:00 in the morning and we were still drinking, and all of a sudden this guy with a gun opened the back door. I was kind of loaded, and I'm like, 'What the fuck is this?!' I had no clue what was going on. And he goes, 'Oh, it's immigration.' Oh, crap. So they make us all get off the bus, they rouse the Finns up, which is a hard thing to do, and we get off the bus, and they're like, 'What band are you guys with?' And I'm like, 'Children Of Bodom.' I didn't want to make things complex and say, well, I'm with another band, but I'm just riding with them. And they're like, 'Where are you from?' 'Well, they're from Finland, and me and a couple of the crew guys are from America.' So they bring out the drug dog and start getting ready to go cruising on through the bus, and one of the border patrol guards comes up to me and says, 'Hey, are you from Virginia?' And I'm like, yeah. 'Are you the singer from Lamb Of God?' Yeah. 'No way!' He wound up actually being from our hometown, Richmond, and for some reason he's working as a border patrol dude, so I think they kind of took it easy on us after that."

ND24/7 said:
LAMB OF GOD's Randall Blythe gave BW&BK a few words of wisdom from the road, the band currently on tour with FEAR FACTORY, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THROWDOWN.

Word has it the Children Of Bodom guys are the king drinkers of the tour... true?

"Well (laughs), those guys, man, are pretty out of control," says Randy. "Their bass player, when we were in New York, I remember, got extremely hammered and wandered off, and he thought he was back in Helsinki, in Finland. And he was trying to find his home, and I don't think he understood that he was in New York City. He didn't understand why no one could carry him to his house. So their merch guy was running around New York all night long chasing him down through bad neighborhoods."

"I ride with them sometimes because they party late and then it's quiet on their bus during the day, because they're asleep. And that's what I like to do too; sleep during the day. And this bus is loud; it's fucked during the day because they're always playing video games or screaming or something. So I was riding with them one night and there was an immigration border check, in Arizona, where they're mostly checking for illegal immigrants, Mexicans, or illegal agricultural products or drugs. And I was sitting in the back lounge with one of the guys in Bodom and it was like 9:00 in the morning and we were still drinking, and all of a sudden this guy with a gun opened the back door. I was kind of loaded, and I'm like, 'What the fuck is this?!' I had no clue what was going on. And he goes, 'Oh, it's immigration.' Oh, crap. So they make us all get off the bus, they rouse the Finns up, which is a hard thing to do, and we get off the bus, and they're like, 'What band are you guys with?' And I'm like, 'Children Of Bodom.' I didn't want to make things complex and say, well, I'm with another band, but I'm just riding with them. And they're like, 'Where are you from?' 'Well, they're from Finland, and me and a couple of the crew guys are from America.' So they bring out the drug dog and start getting ready to go cruising on through the bus, and one of the border patrol guards comes up to me and says, 'Hey, are you from Virginia?' And I'm like, yeah. 'Are you the singer from Lamb Of God?' Yeah. 'No way!' He wound up actually being from our hometown, Richmond, and for some reason he's working as a border patrol dude, so I think they kind of took it easy on us after that."

hahahaha! that is so funny... us Virginian's stick together :tickled: