COB Trooper?

Originally posted by DarkMare
Excuse me everyone, but I've downloaded that cover song, and it IS Children Of Bodom.

I can recognize Alexi's playing and vocal style anywhere, and it IS him. So Children Of Bodom did make a cover of The Trooper.

IT ISN´T CHILDREN OF BODOM.

Btw, I wish CoB will cover a Metallica songs really so..........

:p

It is Children Of Bodom. Have you listened to it? I can send you the mp3 if you want, and you'll see that it is.

lol, I just downloaded "Children of Bodom - The Trooper", in now fucking way can you tell me those vox are Alexi, they sound 300x shittier than anything Alexi has done, plus the overall quality of the instruments being played sounds nothing near the quality CoB would produce if they did a cover of the song. Things that might have been givin people the wrong impression would be near the beginign where the guy sais "right!" or something, kinda sounds like Alexi's "yow yow!" and couple of the guitar screeches sound CoB'ish but I would bet all my money that isnt CoB.

It is true that those vocals and recording quality aren't near the average CoB material, but this song could be from a pre-production demo. CoB might have tried doing 2 covers, just to see which one would sound better, and recorded this.

/* EDIT */
Damn, I was such a n00b back then! :p

Even than, those growls arent Alexi's style, which is more higher of a pitch, definitly sounds like another DM vocalist. I am about 99.9 percent sure that isnt CoB

Originally posted by Zicrom

".......of course they dont like metallica......."

You said here that THEY DON´T LIKE METALLICA.

But ok!!!, no more of this marvelous and awesome band here anymore, ok?? This is a Children of Bodom board!!

:)

please forgive me. I am a confused soul=) I just say things without meaning it. But as you said. COB-board it is.

Darkmare....it isnt COB....i can ashure you that....lord belial and sentenced covered this song...and a year ago i downloaded this suposely cob cover and my conclusion......its sentenced...and by the way...there are 2 versions of sentenced's cover....the only diference are a litle bit of the solo.

tdride said:
So my friend says that he has found Iron Maiden's trooper mp3 played by COB from the net but I doub...

I think it's the cover that Sentenced did few years ago.

So do you know anything about this?

Man, what a total tit! I've been answering to posts like this for over 4 years!!!