CoB vs. TiP

Aug 14, 2002
Visit site
first of leme say i have mixed feelings about CoB, sometimes bad vocals, but somtimes i think the vocals work nicly... only big problem i have with CoB is there over use of synth/keyboards stuff and there synth is to far in the foreground.

now that being said they do have a good lead guitarist...

so here's the question...

you think Children Of Bodem is better or worse then Theory in Practice, personaly i think there guitarists are more technical and much more melodicly engaging, not to mention progressive also...

so i say TiP wins

so what do you think.?

(btw dont answer if you dont know who TiP is... im sure some of you dont)

thanx :)

-(the inquisitive)Necromancer

umm check out Submissive and Astral eyes from there first disk, and ShapeShifter or Clockwork that counts the Aeouns... or illuminati...

there way more technical then CoB imo

but im sure its a matter of oppinon of which band youll like better...

and what songs/ albums did you hear Joel?

1703 where can i download some theory in practice

any place you guys download mp3's im sure will have least one TiP album, Kazaa, DirrectConnect, Morpheus, and if you cant find them there then just log onto Dal.net or something...

check out some songs... there prolly not as easy to get into as CoB but there not all that different, in some ways.

i agree CoB are easyer to get into due to there symplicity...

but i just enjoy TiP's complexity more

yet to hear a song as complex as Dehumanized Shapeshifter, or Depatrture (or most of there songs) ...

but mabby in the future who knows :)

-Necro

well the only complaint that i have for cob is that there cd's are to short, but thats there style and thats prolly not going to change.
but as long as the good music keeps comin then i dont mind.

TiP and CoB are far diffrent

TiP his death metal with high technic, drum and guitar mixed nicely and well-made guitar mixage

But CoB melody are unmatchable, personnally, i think the guitar level of laiho equal TiP

It is not the complexity of a song that make him better than other

PS. for those who like TiP, maybe trying Quebec band Martyr ? Very good band too !
PSS. and for the Children Of Bodom Hate Crew, maybe you should try Moonlyght from quebec again !
These are very good band

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
have you even listed to shapeshifter... CoB hasnt touched that level of complexity, not to mention armogeddon theroies possibly even more technical.

hmmm.. I smell some arrogance here, Necro...I'm sorry if I got it all wrong but I just say what I think.

I can't say anything about TIP 'cause I've never listened to them so far, but.... from what I've read of the replies to this post, I presume TIP and COB are quite different..... but I'd better keep my mouth shut until I listen to it, yeh!
:cool: