Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I'm intrigued

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxyW5osj2IE&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsfSaHlIVo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFoSwzoD-A&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

yea im interested as well. Though i only checked out the petrucci vid a few days ago (yesterday or the day before actually) and it was clipping like hell so didnt know what to make of that.

So far this year interesting stuff:
-cobalt strings
-1w marshalls
-the autotune guitar ( i dont think id record with it but now that i think about it it could be useful for soooo many things..) They said the software can be updated. Ive always wanted to fiddle with alternate tunings without having to tune up everytime (especially since all my guitars are floyd) and that would be really cool
-i was interested in the joe satriani modded jvm but doesnt seem to be any info on that..

Sorry for derailing. Ill check out the other vids, thanks Lasse.

They seem to be Elixir-wannabes.....I'll try 'em out.

not even close I think.
Elixirs are coated, these use a different alloy.....entirely different concept.

plus ELIXIRs SUCK! damn how much I hate those strings...the high plain strings rust just as fast as any other string and the coating of the wound strings comes off just after one rehearsal of some fast thrash picking leaving the string all flakey and impossible to intonate properly....damn how much I hate those strings

not even close I think.
Elixirs are coated, these use a different alloy.....entirely different concept.

plus ELIXIRs SUCK! damn how much I hate those strings...the high plain strings rust just as fast as any other string and the coating of the wound strings comes off just after one rehearsal of some fast thrash picking leaving the string all flakey and impossible to intonate properly....damn how much I hate those strings

You gotta get the nanoweb coated ones! the polyweb have the snakeskin stuff your talking about. when they first started, i don't think the top strings were coated, now they are and they last a long time. i wear through a regular set of strings with 2hrs of constant play, so i love elixers.

Do they have singles for these? I really want to try these on my 7-string!

EDIT: Also, it is said that Cobalt causes cancer? and these are made of pure cobalt..?

yea i had very bad experiences with elixir so maybe i should try the new ones as well.. Otherwise i like my ernie ball except that they dont last verr long.. Lets see what this one is about. But if it turns out to be great i hope they sell individual strings and gauges not sets

haha, I just did a quick search on Cobalt causing Cancer and found this little number.
In the 1960s, some breweries added cobalt to beer to stabilize the foam. Some people who drank large quantities of the beer experienced nausea, vomiting, and serious effects on the heart.

DIRP!

The coated string technology has spread to almost all brands like ernie ball, daddario etc. I've got myself a couple of ernie ball coated strings but haven't tried them yet. For me elixirs aren't as good because the unwound strings are not coated and personally these are the strings I have the most trouble with.

I'd try them for sure. I love Ernie Balls and been using them for years. They may not be "the best" according to some but they put out a good consistent product. They last longer and stay in tune better than others i've tried. Including DR.