Collection

you are missing:

Amorphis - Elegy (cant beleive you have the rest but not that)
uhh thats the only thing i can think of. anyways, it's your music taste not mine, so I have no idea. So, where do you live?

Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets (probably the best album ever recorded)
ISIS - Oceanic (my favorite metal album at the moment)
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane

IMO, each of those albums marked the history by setting a new benchmark in the metal scene, it would be really a shame to ignore them. Of course, there's alot more, but I would go with the essentials to begin with!
Anyway, If I were you, I would sample them before (especially Neurosis and ISIS) since it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Groups you are missing:

Slayer
Ulver
Carcass

Also, you need more King Crimson, Tool, and Type O Negative. :D

Nice mix of music, by the way. :)

Thanks NAD, I try to stay on top of things but there is so much out there. Thanks for the suggestions so far, and keep them coming. I am compiling a list of albums to look for when I am out and about, and feedback from you guys is always appreciated.

Get the rest of At The Gates' releases, you must get WFIKTBD (With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness), very underrated in my opinion. I prefer it to SOTS yet that is what they get most recognition for.

I am yet to buy TRINSIO but if it is a similar vein to WFIKTBD then get that as well...

Death - Human, my favourite album right now, excellent.

Some bands to look into:

Death Metal:
Nile
Carcass

Black Metal:
Immortal
Satyricon
Emperor
Dissection

EMPEROR EMPEROR EMPEROR EMPEROR EMPEROR EMPEROR EMPEROR EMPEROR EMPEROR....*Stabs self in eye with bic pen and vomits on keyboard*

I love the two Death albums I have now so I will look into that. Same with At the Gates. I have seen Nile in concert, and they are coming again here in February with Dark Tranquillity, so that is a band I should get more familiar with as well.
Thanks and keep them coming.

Agrees with Ozzman, you have NO Emperor, that is not a collection. GET SOME EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered Anthem to the Welkin at Dusk .
Any other totally must have bands?

I also ordered With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness by At the Gates and am strongly considering another Death album next.

Highly recommend, among my favorite albums:
Amorphis - Elegy
Radiohead - OK Computer
Tool - Lateralus
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
Dredg - Leitmotif
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Agalloch - Pale Folklore

Other artists I'd definitely recommend looking into (already have Emperor...):
Satyricon
Arcturus
Winds
In The Woods
Kyuss
Nick Drake

Essential albums:
Dissection - Storm of the light's bane, you have to have this album since it is truly one of the alltime classics

You really should get an Amon Amarth album, perhaps start with the first one "Once sent from the golden hall"

You don't have any Nevermore??? Go get Politics of ecstasy now!

No collection should be without a Bathory album so go buy Hammerheart!

Finally you need another Candlemass album, and what better album to get than "Nightfall", truly a stunning classic, way better than Ancient dreams

I do have Nevermore "Dead Heart in a Dead World", but I agree I need more. I also have been wondering about my next Candlemass, so thanks. I am writing them down and going to this record shop about 40 miles from here who usually has everything.

I also heard about Satyricon from someone on another board, so I will look for that.

Thanks again to the people who have contributed their opinions.:)

for Nevermore, check out Dreaming Neon Black.. it's awesome

you might want to check out some Vintersorg too! I need to get some more of his stuff myself. I have Cosmic Genesis, it's pretty good.

also, Arcturus' The Sham Mirrors is pretty good. Very unusual stuff.

you're missing these bands:
Entombed
My Dying Bride
Isis

and albums form these bands:
Primus
Neurosis
Moonspell
Type O Negative
Tool

you're missing

agalloch - pale folklore; the mantle

andromeda - extension of the wish

antimatter - saviour

arcturus - la masquerade infernale; the sham mirrors

borknagar - quintessence; empiricism

death - symbolic; individual thought patterns; human

dissection - storm of the lights bane

emperor - prometheus

bloodbath - ressurection through carnage

green carnation - light of day, day of darkness

in the woods - omnio

isis - oceanic

katatonia - last fair deal gone down; tonights decision; discouraged ones; brave murder day

killswitch engage - alive or just breathing

meshuggah - destroy erase improve

my dying bridge - the dreadful hours; the angel and the dark river; turn loose the swans; the light at the end of the world

nevermore - dreaming neon black; politics of ecstasy

novembre - classica, novembrine waltz

nile - in their darkened shrines

vader - revelations