College Hockey!!!!

FrostGiant

Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper
Apr 12, 2002
Bay Area, WI
nathanholly.com
This thread is a month and a half late, but since Wisconsin is currently ranked #1 with a record of 11-1-2 I had to make it. (and I do realize I may be the only one reading this thread)

Big weekend for Wisconsin. Bucky takes a 12 game unbeaten streak into the #4 ranked Minnesota Golden Rodents home. A split this weekend would be excellent.

Also as a side note on the season, the regionals for the NCAA tourny are in Green Bay (Wisconsin should be in that bracket) and the finals are in Milwaukee. If Wisconsin is going to win a national champeenship, this is the year to do it.

Golden Gophers. It's the same thing.

And Wisconsin got called for a 5 minute major. Check from behind. The Rodents put one in the net and still have 3 minutes of it left. Not good. It was kind of a screwed up call too. The ref was in position, didn't make the call and got overriden by one of his lackeys.

The number 1 ranked Wisconsin Badgers host a poor Michigan Tech team this weekend. It's a big weekend simply because there's the possibility of a letdown. Especially since the last couple of weekends were against very strong opponents. Also, it's not on tv so I can't watch it. That sucks.

Also, that's just clollege rivalry crap. Midwest college hockey fans say east coast hockey is crap and east coast says midwest sucks. Really it's a horse a piece. There's about 5 schools out east that are consistantly good and 5 in the midwest. But we have bigger arenas. The Badgers (and several others in the midwest) can seat up to and over 15000 as opposed to most colleges out east seating a only few thousand.

Haha. :) That's actually the only one I can think of. Reinprecht was from Alberta as well but he wasn't really any good until his junior and senior year. And we got Heatley mostly cuz his dad played for Wisconsin.

Also, Wisconsin lost 2-4 on Friday and won 7-0 on Saturday. I was worried about that but at least they lost to the worst team in the league rather than like number 2 or 3 in the points. It only hurts half as bad that way as far as conference standings go.