College Hockey!!!!

So the christmas break is finally over. They played a few games that didn't mean anything. Wisconsin is still ranked #1 but now it unanimouse. Huge couple of weeks coming up starting with this one. Wisconsin (#1) @ Colorado College (#5). A split would be awesome.

Friday night Wisconsin pulled out a 3-2 win. Saturday night. Well. How's a 9-1 victory sound. At Colorado College. And they're good. I didn't want to say it before but anything less than a national championship will suck. This happened before in 2000. Dominant all year and they ended up losing in the first round of the tourny. But we have a new coach. Hopefully things will be different this time.

Crap. Wisconsin's goalie got hurt in practice on Wednesday and will be out 3-4 weeks. He's pretty much the top goalie in the country and is a Hobey Baker candidate (that's like the Heisman). Not good. He should be back in time for the tournament but if all doesn't go well that might be to late.

Ok, so Wisconsin hockey has been sucking for the last couple weeks. They're still in first place in the conference but should end up losing that this weekend. Wisconsin plays Ohio St. this weekend which is not a conference game so we can't gain any points.

On the plus side the game this weekend is at Legendary Lambeau Field. Should be a freekin' good time. Especially since I will be drunk and also able to continue drinking at the game.

And Brian Elliot comes back next week (goalie).

The game was pretty good from what I saw. Seats weren't bad but I was drunk. And being drunk at a sporting event means not really watching the game. They won 4-2. I'm also hung over right now.

So Badger hockey has really been falling apart lately. They still have time to turn it around but need to start this weekend. Baseball starts today though (spring training games).

Conference tournament started last night. Wisconsin beat Michigan Tech 4-1. And Minnesota Duluth beat Denver 3-2 in ot. It's a 3 game series so that's not an upset yet, but if Minnesota-Duluth wins tonite it will be. Go Hockey.

Badgers came in 3rd in the WCHA tourney beating Minnesota 4-0. They ended up getting top seed in the NCAA tournament which means they have their regional games in Green Bay. If they get out of those and make it to the frozen four, that's in Milwaukee. So they could win the national championship w/out ever leaving the state. But they have been kind of stumbling to the finish here so well see how far they can go.

Just got back from the Hockey game. 4 hours and 40 minutes later, Wisconsin is going to the frozen 4 in Milwaukee. We beat Cornell 1-0 in the 3rd OT. I've never been exhausted from watching a sporting event before, but I have to say I'm now.

Also:

"Even more impressive than 111 minutes of shutout hockey are the numbers Elliott has posted in recent weeks. The win marked his third blanking in a row and fifth in his last eight starts. Elliott and the defensemen in front of him have not allowed a goal in more than 252 consecutive minutes."

NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

ncaa_a_wisconsin_195.jpg