college radio

Mar 4, 2002
I was just curious to see if anyone here djs at their college radio station and plans on playing the shit out of Safe Home. Unfortunately for me, the year I finally got to dj they changed the format and only play alternative rock, whereas before you could go in there and play anything you wanted for your 2 hour shift. I gave the programming director a CD of stuff I wanted to add our playlist, including Safe Home (keep your fingers crossed). I'm gonna ask if I can have my own hard rock/metal show, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I used to have a kick-ass Friday night show on FM!! Of course, with our budget, and our owner/managers history, we were really like that UHF movie. It worked for about a year or two off and on. Dave Chastain (anyone know him) called in and Anthrax's then manager (Mike Monterullo) always hooked me up with cool stuff. I think I also met Morbid Angel out of the deal, but they were to offbeat for anything cool to come of it. Oh yeah, we interviewed Kenny "real life" Kramer on the air. He was cool!!! I wish I journaled back then.