College "Metal" Radio

TalesOfTerror

MetalHotSauce
Nov 19, 2006
Northeast US
Every now and then I turn on the radio and find a local college radio station broadcasting a metal show.
Is it just me or are most of the songs they play composed of 3/4 fifth generation Pantera-wannabe aggrometal and 1/4 so-called-alternative ? :yuk:
And by the way....DAMN KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!
(Guess I just needed to vent)

Sadly, this is the reaction from metal fans when they are asked about radio. Radio did it to it's self by catering to pop music and throwing us a bone with the predictable classic rock radio format....

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I mean really what's the use for radio? In the old days you exchange albums and tpes with friends, or read a magazine and sometimes by magic there was a metal show that give you the porverbial steak (instead of the bone).

But now with Internet, what's the use for radio? Leave it for pop and reggaeton, leave for the almighty classic music :worship: , leave it for news, no need for metal to be in there, we are elite.

NP: Leather Nun - 'Indra'

Every now and then I turn on the radio and find a local college radio station broadcasting a metal show.
Is it just me or are most of the songs they play composed of 3/4 fifth generation Pantera-wannabe aggrometal and 1/4 so-called-alternative ? :yuk:
And by the way....DAMN KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!
(Guess I just needed to vent)

At least you have a college radio station that plays some metal, that's not the same old tired shit that the Clear Channel rock stations play over 'n over 'n over.