Colour Haze - She Said

Agalloch

The Purest of Doom
Nov 29, 2003
AZ
New Colour Haze album was released today but I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Apparently it's a double album. Here's the art:

colour-haze-she-said-cover.jpg

This thread reminds me of my favorite song of all time

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the effect they were trying to achieve but hell, did that go down the pants.

sad to say, but these days I'll think twice before buying an album with ugly artwork

well.. it sounds like colour haze. first listen sort of underwhelms me... more of the same (which is definitely a good thing). don't know what i was expecting. need to grab the album and give it a few listens. the "breath" song is just SO damn formulaic in regard to their typical style.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvwAfeURuwY&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
My enthusiasm for Coulour Haze peaked with Temple and the subsequent monster live shows at the Roadburn 2009 and in Berlin the following year. All was very good but the repetition factor pervaded every minute of it.

These days I'll listen to Ewige Blumenkraft and the s/t once in a while to some benevolent jewbanging, but I'm not expecting to be carried away by the music like before.

That being said, they're definitely trying to break into some new territories with these new songs, I sense some kraut worship especially in the second track, which blends really well with the cosy, sunbathing rhythmic build. And great production too, spraying some dirt on the guitar. Good, good...

What do people think about this? It's much much different than All. I feel it's like a combination of their old stuff and new stuff.