Come to our SANTEE show TONIGHT!!!

Well.....since you ARE playing 2 miles from my house and you ARE the greatest Maiden cover band in the world.....and it IS two days before my birthday....I think I can manage to attend...LOL!

Hey...how's about a tossed drumstick to the bday boy? ;) You can be my best friend, if you want. ;)

I sure hope we can do you proud, ladies. Santee isn't exactly party central for the San Diego area, and it's a Thursday. Well, I've splattered the news of the show on the Iron Maiden forums....so let's hope it pays off!

Khan71 said:
Well.....since you ARE playing 2 miles from my house and you ARE the greatest Maiden cover band in the world.....and it IS two days before my birthday....I think I can manage to attend...LOL!

Hey...how's about a tossed drumstick to the bday boy? ;) You can be my best friend, if you want. ;)

Stick tossing is a no no! :err: However, seeing it is your birthday-ish day, come say hey after the show and remind me to give you a stick. :headbang: Cheers! See ya tonight!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Stick tossing is a no no! :err: However, seeing it is your birthday-ish day, come say hey after the show and remind me to give you a stick. :headbang: Cheers! See ya tonight!

I like to hear that. I hate it when drummers throw their sticks at big concerts. What if they took out someone's eye ? It seems like such a careless and arrogant thing to do.

nlukes said:
I like to hear that. I hate it when drummers throw their sticks at big concerts. What if they took out someone's eye ? It seems like such a careless and arrogant thing to do.

I wonder how many times that's actually happened eh?? The only type of stick tossing I see acceptable is when they sort of roll it sideways off their hands into the first few rows.

mmm...a little far for me...well....too far! :lol:

nlukes said:

i think it´s great, it´s the best way to lose an eye, by the evil hand of your favorite drummer..:lol:

So here's my stick story:

We're at the Slayer/WASP/ Raven show (WASP headlined - Electric Circus).. Raven just finished up their set and their drummer throws one of his sticks into the audiance...which hit me on the head with a mighty whack and left a nice lil bruise. So yeah. I'm against the whole tossing drum stick things.. oh and I didn't get the stick either. Some jackass behind me picked it up and wasn't kind enough to give it to the injured man :p

I have a very sad drumstick story. Last year at Denver
after Iron Maiden, before encore Nicko tossed one
of his to Steve and Steve gave it to me! It was amazing.
I put it in my belt. Then after Sanctuary I got Nicko's wristband but it fell
on the other side of the rail I tried to dive to pick it up from the
other side and the security locked me and nicked my drumstick.
I got the wristband but lost the drumstick. I had 2 other Nicko wristbands
so drumstick was maybe more important especially after Steve's
touch. I had moaned it about my drumstick on our 16 hours way
back trip. Still my friends make fun of me saying : " Awww my drumstick..."

The happiest drumstick story is Lars'. He gave me after recognising
me at the end of the show, early this year in Utah. By far it's the best
drumstick in my collection and most emotionally valuable. I like his black ones.

Ok...first of all...Santee FUCKING rocked tonight! The place was loaded with people, and the crowd was totally into it...and the ladies...oh my...on friggin FIRE...and ever so gracious as always. Ok...that's another thread.

So as long as this is turning into a drumstick story. I have a couple that, to me, were better than any random stick throw/catch.

1) I'm a fan of lots of music. There was a band in the 80's/90's called The Hooters (not named after the body part!). One of their members put out a solo CD, on a very VERY small label, so much so that I couldn't find it anywhere. So, someone hooked me up with a phone number for the "label", and I noticed the area code AND prefix were the same as mine, meaning it was only, at most, 5 miles away from me. I called them up, and the guy answered like it was his home....it WAS...his office was at home. Anyway...turns out the guy was their drummer, David Uossikinen (sp?)! He met me at the local grocery store, and handed me two autographed sticks, the CD, and a press kit. I couldn't believe this guy lived just a couple miles from me...and they were a Philly band! :cool:

2) Some of you know that I did the artwork for a Journey CD, and also the artwork for Deen Castronovo's (their drummer) drumkit...along with a couple shirts, and little shit like that. Anyway...they were always very kind to me and hooked me up with whatever I wanted. I got to go up on stage after a show, and take pictures with Deen next to the drumkit artwork. He also gave me an autographed drumstick. That was AWESOME!

Ok...there's a third one....it was TONIGHT...

3) The girls were on fire...the setlist was incredible. I'm not sure if they played Rime Of The Ancient Mariner because I requested it for my pre-pre-birthday....heh...but I'm going to go ahead and believe they did! Anyway, I got a chance to thank each of them after the show for one hell of a birthday show (except for Liz who, sadly, was cornered by someone for a ridiculous amount of time. Each of the ladies was very gracious and wished me a happy birthday, and Linda gave me an autographed, beat all to hell and cracked drumstick....JUST HOW I LIKE THEM! I love it when you can tell they've been abused! Thank you Linda!

Loving these stick stories. The only time I've had the chance to get a stick was when I saw Metallica in New Jersey. Lars and his sons were on the stage and Lars was letting them throw the sticks out, I touched both of them but in the scramble, they bounced off everyone's hands and flew behind us into a cornered off area and the security guards gave them to people in the seats!! :erk: My sister had a hold of Lars' stick back in the Wherever I May Roam tour in Glasgow, but so did another 40 people so she never got it.

Metallicat180 said:
Loving these stick stories. The only time I've had the chance to get a stick was when I saw Metallica in New Jersey. Lars and his sons were on the stage and Lars was letting them throw the sticks out, I touched both of them but in the scramble, they bounced off everyone's hands and flew behind us into a cornered off area and the security guards gave them to people in the seats!! :erk: My sister had a hold of Lars' stick back in the Wherever I May Roam tour in Glasgow, but so did another 40 people so she never got it.

I'm sorry for these ones. But NJ conmcert sounds so memorable.
I'm sure you'll get one in the future. Time favors those who wait
patiently like us :)

Asterothe said:
I'm sorry for these ones. But NJ conmcert sounds so memorable.
I'm sure you'll get one in the future. Time favors those who wait
patiently like us :)

Thank but no need to be sorry - that night was the greatest of my life cos my friend Kat got pulled up onstage by Lars to count them into Seek & Destroy!! :kickass: I got to hold the sticks afterwards so it was cool!! :D I have 14 Metallica plectrums and a Dave Murray plectrum so I'm not doing too badly!! :lol: