coming to rescue 2cd

M

matteo

Hey just noticed that Saxon website is promoting a new compilation album "Coming to the rescue", but the first cd is no more than the first 14 tracks of the "Diamond and Nuggets" album while the 2nd one is the re-issue of "Live at donington" so what's happening?As most Saxon fans are aware of both cds were released as semi-official ones by Steve Dawson and Graham Oliver a few years ago so why are saxon re-issuing them as official release?Is this a sort of revenge against Steve and Graham or could this be the sign that they buried the hatceth?Vince if you will read my post please let us know!Another question: has anybody heard Steve's "pandemonium circus"'Is it any good?

Matteo

I have had a few copies of "Pandemonium Circus" in stock and dispite the bad review in certain music magazines has sold very well,and i am not surprised it ROCKS !! the opening track "She" is just a head down stomper superb.I have played this CD again and again.The 16 tracks are a mixed bag really with 2 or 3 dodgy songs but the live tracks especially "Motorcycle Man" are bloody good.Its a good release for die hard Saxon fans and a bit like Graham Olivers solo CD "End of an Era" a good all round release and both will be re-ordered by myself as the demand is most definetly out there. Oh forgot to mention Old Dobby even attempts a Cilla Black song Written by McCartney and Lennon (I Kid you not) !!

I've got the album.....and what a waste of money that was. Basically its crap.
Put it back to back with any Saxon album since he left and it just doesn't have a leg to stand on. The live tracks are poor as well. Saxon songs without Biff singing just don't do it for me.
One for the bin alongside Re-landed I think.

The Son of a Bitch album was good mind you.

Hi

The reason it is listed and for sale is that I have been bombarded with questions "what is it" and "where can I get it".
It does not imply any hatchet being buried or anything like that. I thought I might as well add it for nostalgia reasons, after all it is quite good!!

Cheers

Vince