news about O/D Saxon and Dio

Felamid

Sep 9, 2002
www.felamid.com
Go to www.melodicrock.com and you will find this interesting story in the 16th oct news...

DIO INVITES OLIVER/DAWSON SAXON MEMBERS ON STAGE:
Press Release:
Oliver/Dawson Saxon have been appearing a special guests to Dio on their recent UK tour, and on the last night, at Portsmouth Pyramids, a special event took place.
Dio personally asked Graham Oliver to come onto stage and perform Rainbow in The Dark as the final encore. As they started playing, Wardi (vocalist with Oliver/Dawson Saxon) made his way to the front of the audience, and Dio pulled him up on stage.
The occasion had added meaning for Graham Oliver. Dio performed at Manchester with Rainbow on October 6th 1976, where Graham went to see him perform. The very next day Graham had his accident, where he lost his finger, and was told that he would never play guitar again. That prophesy did not come true, as is apparent, but what was strange was that the fact that in 2002, the date that Dio performed in Manchester with Oliver/Dawson Saxon was October 6th! So Graham was performing on stage with his hero exactly to the day that he was told that he would never play again.

HI Felamid,

Has Graham Oliver only 9 fingers? I never noticed that, that makes him even a greater guitarist to me than he already was to me. I admire his sound a lot! I took quickly a better look on the fotos on the "innocense is no excuse album." Is it his left hand, the ringfinger?, or am I just talking nonsense?
Please can you tell me?

Bye

Yes, Pax is right about that...
I think it´s strange that Dio (or his promotor) invites O/D to be the support act.
Surely Dio knows that the REAL Saxon is still around. He (Dio) is clearly backing the O/D version. I think that´s a shame.

sounds like crap to me, guess these guys can't let the past go and do something original. LIKE A DIFFERENT NAME AND SOME NEW MATERIAL. that would be a good place to start there dawliverxon, I'd be pretty pissed if I thought it were Biff and the boys and got refried beans instead. Hope they do show up soon,(o/d) that way I can bombthe stage with eggs. Rotten ones.