Comments for this melodic metal song?

I like the guitars, they're pretty good. Drums seem to be a bit thin and lacking attack, IMO and the kick could use some low end and less click but it's down to personal preferences.

I like the guitars, they're pretty good. Drums seem to be a bit thin and lacking attack, IMO and the kick could use some low end and less click but it's down to personal preferences.

Yeah, I hear ya.. It's stange.. I always use the the same addictive drums vsti and same additional samples on the kick and snare, but they always end up sounding different. Actually that's what I want (little fine tunings here and there) , but they should end up BETTER than before :lol:

Damn, I have almost never concentrated on the low end of the kick... fuck, it seems so clear now. This is why I ask for help here :) Thanks for the comments:headbang: Oh.. and the click on the kick... I use it to cut trhough the mix without cutting the other instruments on it's way.. I guess I'm doing wrong?:lol:

Nope not at all, the click is essential to most styles, I would just personally have more body and a bit less click.

Nope not at all, the click is essential to most styles, I would just personally have more body and a bit less click.

Yep, I would have some more body to the kick also, I just didn't know to focus it on the mixing process.. Yes, I am a noob :lol: You know, It would be so much nicer if the preference of sounds would be the exact opposite than that is now.. You would be like " Oh, oh.. this sounds too fat, I just clip here and there to make it thinner so everybody loves it":lol: Would be so much easier:)

What are your compression settings for the drums?

I guess pretty hard on everyting :lol: On the kick I use the cubases own multiband comp.. It's so extreme with the settings :) I'm really not familiar with the settings on the plug, I just tweak until it sounds good to me at the moment. If you have addictive drums it would be easier if I just share the preset. Most of the snare sound comes from sample named as caliban snare 2.. I believe It's from Black Neon Bob's collection (thanks by the way)

here's a few weeks older clip where I think I did better on the drum department
http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Decimator/Majestic-08.mp3