COMMUNIC Confirmed For PROGPOWER USA VIII Festival - Nov. 30, 2006

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
COMMUNIC Confirmed For PROGPOWER USA VIII Festival - Nov. 30, 2006
Norwegian progressive/power metal band COMMUNIC, who feature in their ranks ex-SCARIOT members Oddleif Stensland (vocals) and Tor Atle Andersen (drums), have been confirmed for the ProgPower USA VIII festival, set to take place October 5-6, 2007 at Center Stage Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia. Also scheduled to appear are VIRGIN STEELE, REDEMPTION, FIREWIND and RAINTIME. Five more bands will be announced for the festival over the coming months, including the headliners. Advance gold badges are sold out and only 900 tickets will be made available to the public.

As previously reported, Germany's progressive metal icons VANDEN PLAS and Sweden's FREAK KITCHEN have been confirmed to co-headline the ProgPower USA VIII Showcase on Thursday, October 4, 2007.

Ticket information for both the main festival and the Showcase will be released via the festival web site (www.progpowerusa.com).

COMMUNIC's sophomore effort, "Waves of Visual Decay", entered the German chart at position No. 66 back in May.

fuck YES. I'll be attending.

My good friend Claudio's band Raintime will be playing at ProgPower this year. They just released a new album that's really good...even if it has a little COB in there. Check 'em out...you guys may like them.

I'm torn, I wouldn't mind seeing Communic and Redemption at PP. I have no interest in any of the other acts announced so far.
I am a gold badge holder and I have been thinking of getting rid of them since I'm not interested in the lineups as of late.

Plus the fact that, if it doesn't sound like Helloween and Blind Guardian, most of the attendees at PP bitch and moan all weekend.

For examples, go on over to thier forum and check out the comments regarding Pain of Salvation, Nevermore, Devin Townsend.
There are plenty who like them there, but many more who constantly whine at how bad Devin and POS are and that because the promoter had troubles booking Nevermore that they now suck as well.

I'm sure I'll get slagged for saying this but oh well.

Communic are awesome. Despite some of the lyrics sorta sucking.
YES! The overly cheesy lyrics are my biggest complaint about Communic. But dogdamn, Oddleif's voice is simply amazing, and he's the only guitarist too. Lots of talent!

YES! The overly cheesy lyrics are my biggest complaint about Communic. But dogdamn, Oddleif's voice is simply amazing, and he's the only guitarist too. Lots of talent!

YES! Musically they rock.

I was listening to them today in the car. One song is about a park. "AND THE DETAILS TRANSPIRED IN THE MORNING PAPER" :loco: