Competiton time!

Jaar-Gilon

Cuntaminated Cock Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Lacertine Forest
i dunno if this has been done before on here before, but i figured we have so much talent in this forum we need to compete. yes, it doesnt make sense.
so, although i cant offer any prize's you will win the respect and admiration of the whole forum.
So i figure we may have to categorize this(albeit loosely). Entries in:
Black Metal
Death Metal
Power Metal
Traditional Metal
Progressive Metal
Avant Garde Metal
Grindcore
Hardcore
(any other genre's are either sub-genre's of the ones ive posted, ones i've forgotten, or they are too small to put in.)
and at the end we will have a poll to find our winner.

Sounds cool, I might have to conjure up some death metal pretty soon here...Also, what is Avant Garde metal, is that like Opethy type of stuff?!? Also, can you explain what this is gonna be?!? Like is it only one song from each genre and then the genre's battle it out, or many songs for each genre and the songs in one genre battle it out?!? Im a little confused, but it is an interesting idea.

sorry, was a little confused myself last night. I planned it as the entries for each genre battle it out within that particular Genre. then if we want we can try and find a dominant song(kind of like a dominant tackle :D) if we want at the end.but just post link's to your track and we'll all check em out once its all been posted. if anyone has any suggestions for how long this should go for? i was thinking make a 2 week deadline then do the poll at that time. I was under the impression that Avant-Garde Metal was a sort of "Art Metal" just things that are genreally to strange to classify within the main genres. but if anyone can correct me on that it would be much obliged.

Avant-garde is thrown around a lot, but generaly means something completely new/different/innovative. Bands like maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot and recent Ephel Duath could probably be described as avant-garde. Most people just use the term when they can't lump a band into any of the standard categories though.

Oh and dude... you forgot thrash.

I may try my hand at recording a thrash song... but we'll see.

Hmm.... I don't fit a category. My style is between powerful modern power metal (Angel Dust, Tad Morose,) power/thrash (Howe era Metal Church) and melodic prog (Vanden Plas, Fates Warning) with even just a bit of blues/southern rock and oldschool (Dio, Accept) style thrown in. Ha ha ha.
In all honesty my style is probably more late 80's American power metal than anything, but with some prog, thrash and a little blues tendencies thrown in. I suppose if I had to compete in something such as this, power metal would be closest to the style I play.

bryant

Cool, maybe we should make a sign-up thread for people to say which genre they are signing up for and make sure they have a song and then when we have atleast two for each genre given some time we can start up a thread each week and have one genre battle it out each week in a poll?!? Sounds really cool, I have one song done that I could enter but right now Im working on a better one so I want to see if I can get it done before this all goes down. Though I don't know where it would fall into, it's been described to sound like Opeth, so I don't know because it's not death metal like MA, or black metal like Emperor, it's got progressive elements but more in the style of early seventies bands like King Crimson and Nektar rather than the progressive metal that Bryant mentioned in his sound. But it's not avant garde because Opeth and a few other's have already done this. Anyone?!?

Leper Affinity, i have no fucking idea what that would be, and im not sure if anyone can tell you what it is till we here it :D people need to start posting in this thing or its gonna die(im clinging onto the hope that it hasnt died already.)that sign up[ post thing sounds good, i think we need an Admin to get in on this (god? are you there?) im to weak to start this on my own.