Complete Album.... Abigail Williams E-Card

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
here it is... the Abigail Williams - "In The Shadow Of A Thousand Suns" E-card.

the "About" page has a cool write-up and the "Listen" page streams lengthy previews of each track on the album.

I am really looking forward to this album! The keyboard player is amazing :kickass::kickass::kickass:

EDIT:

Their drummer (Sammus I think?...) is really good as well. He used to play in Suspyre and Mutiny.

I know it doesn't affect the music, but on my MBP the writing on about is tiny.. not very good practice by candlelight if they want to reach all demographics.

Cool stuff though, should be a great album.

Wow, really great sounds. Great band and great production James.

Were rhythms the JSX exclusively? Speakers? Any boost?

Sounds like EMGs. Sorry for so many questions, I'm just REALLY diggin' this production and tone.

-Joe

Caparison Horus with 85 in the bridge -> TS9 -> 6505+/Framus Cobra -> Mesa Oversized -> SM57 -> ADL600 from what Ken told me, for rhythms. Leads I believe were the same chain, just with a JSX instead of the 6505+ or Cobra.

i used the horus for my guest solo and ken used it for some melody overdubs...but the rhythms were all with my Angelus.. it also has an 85 in the bridge. DSS3 got the rest of it right.

My bad on that Angelus/Horus mixup - I was imagining the Angelus in my head!

James, Ken mentioned that the orchestra sounds were EWQLSO Gold, the organ was from Logic, and that the piano was from a Yamaha S90, but what'd you guys use for the awesome synth lead-ish parts in the title track and The Departure?

what'd you guys use for the awesome synth lead-ish parts in the title track and The Departure?
you'd have to ask Ashley (Ellyllon) about that.... she gave me that on disc with that sound .... since she actually played all her synth-lead and all her piano parts, rather than programming them, i had no midi to replace the sounds... but i didn't want to anyway, i liked them just as they were.