Completely baffled about choosing new Interface! Help!

AgentX

Jun 14, 2009
Oxford, UK
www.facebook.com
After doing some reading I noticed a couple of people complaining about the DI on Line6 products. I’m currently using a Pod UX2 and it’s been fine but I would like to change it if there is a noticeable improvement in the DI quality.

Anyway, so I started looking at new interfaces and reading the sticky thread and I’m completely baffled to say the least. Can anyone recommend an interface that will work for general audio playback but also work in Reaper and as a DI for my guitar; alternatively a combination of interface and separate DI box would be fine. I have a budget of around £250 – £300.

I have looked at the Focusrite Saffire and M-Audio ProFire 610 but am unsure if these would be any better?

Also, I will only be using the sound card for single guitar input and not any midi.

Thanks!

Both Good options. As the sticky said, anything in that pricerange is usually pretty well matched in terms of preamps etc. I have the big brother of the 610 and its been flawless. But I read a lot about that and the saffire, and they both seem so evenly matched. Many use the 610 so that will be a solid interface. If you want better DI quality, might be a better option just buying a dedicated DI box though, I use a DI with my profire, only because I wanted to tap the signal off while routing to the amp. Some people have had issues with the saffire with Macs, other than that, either of these interfaces should be great units

Both Good options. As the sticky said, anything in that pricerange is usually pretty well matched in terms of preamps etc. I have the big brother of the 610 and its been flawless. But I read a lot about that and the saffire, and they both seem so evenly matched. Many use the 610 so that will be a solid interface. If you want better DI quality, might be a better option just buying a dedicated DI box though, I use a DI with my profire, only because I wanted to tap the signal off while routing to the amp. Some people have had issues with the saffire with Macs, other than that, either of these interfaces should be great units

The M-AUDIO PROFIRE 610 certainly looks like a good purchase! i will look into this one in more detail, Cheers