Computer halp...

Alright, I did some digging and turns out those LEDs are overvoltage lights. So apparently my RAM is suffering from overvoltage. Could it be a faulty stick of RAM? I don't think so, since I started up with only one stick, then started again with another, and finally with the third, and the problem persisted. Or maybe my PSU is sending too much voltage to my RAM? I don't really know. I'm decent with computers but this is above my level of expertise...

Alright, I did some digging and turns out those LEDs are overvoltage lights. So apparently my RAM is suffering from overvoltage. Could it be a faulty stick of RAM? I don't think so, since I started up with only one stick, then started again with another, and finally with the third, and the problem persisted. Or maybe my PSU is sending too much voltage to my RAM? I don't really know. I'm decent with computers but this is above my level of expertise...

Can you list here exactly what the manual/website said was the issue according to those diagnostic lights?

The manual/website didn't say anything. I had to scour the internets on my own to find out what it was. But apparently it probably means that either my PSU is sending the RAM the wrong voltage, the mobo's dying, or it's faulty RAM. Pretty sure the RAM's still good, so it's either the PSU or the mobo (didn't change any BIOS settings)...

Seems a little odd to me though. Thats an awfully obscure 'error' that typically doesn't happen with today's architecture. What make/model is your motherboard?

It's the GA-EX58-UD4P. Apparently more people are having trouble with it, but only very few, and those have usually fidgeted with their BIOS. The only change I did was hook up a second monitor because I had one to spare, and since they have their own power supply, that can't possibly be it, I think...

According to the manual, the lights in the upper right hand corner (yellow, green, red) are simply Phase LEDs.
The number of lighted LEDs indicates the CPU loading. The higher the CPU loading, the more the number of lighted LEDs
Based on that description, they can be disregarded.

As for the lights next to the memory...
This motherboard contains 4 sets of overvoltage LEDs which indicate the overvoltage level of the CPU, memory, North Bridge, and South Bridge.

Memory (DDR Voltage)
Off: Normal condition
L1: Level 1 (Slight, green)
L2: Level 2 (Moderate, yellow)
L3: Level 3 (High, red)

You've mentioned that you can get your machine to boot occasionally. If you can get it to boot, get in to the BIOS and check out these voltages. The quickest, easiest route would be to just load optimized defaults, save and see what happens. But if you manually inspect the voltages. The voltages for your RAM should all be set to auto. Check that out and let me know what you find.

I looked in the BIOS and set everything to Optimized Defaults, but no cigar. Failsafe Defaults gave the same problem. So I went to buy me a new PSU, installed it (without knowing what I was doing, it's a miracle I didn't blow anything up!), and the problem seems to be gone! Thanks a buttload to all who helped out. In gratitude I present you a hot-ass Tifa cosplayer.

2lbf1x3.jpg

And some treasure trolls bondage.

2iw3of9.jpg

And some Rochelle x Zoey

2r4ooiv.png

And a cheating orange

a9to43.jpg

And a creepy-ass medieval etching

53ti89.jpg

A hot-ass morph I once made of Yvonne Strahovski and Ashley Greene

rbmarl.jpg

A portrait of Gunther

vgmsev.jpg

And Uwe Böll's Pro Director

jqkwg4.jpg

Touche, sir. Good work in finding the issue!

You have a very clean, nice looking rig (giggity), hope it continues to work well from here on out!