computer help

siderea

soûl spy
Apr 13, 2002
bubbelgum
Visit site
SMART failure predicted on hard disk 0:maxtor 92049U6-(pm)

warning: immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. a failure may be imprent (cant read my own handwriting)

press f1 to continue

i had this for 3 days now, after pressing f1 nothing weird happened anymore
do i have to bring this machine to a hospital or isn't it that important?

There are several things SMART can detect, but from my understanding it's pretty reliable. I'd back up your critical data and wait it out, unless your data is so critical that you can't afford to lose any of it, or afford the downtime.

Here is my experience. I have the same problem with you: Warning message, press F1 and everything seems to be fine. What I did to solve it is to add a fan ($9 at Compusa) to the hard drive. After about 3 days of installing the fan, the warning message just gone forever. Also, the hard disk temp is way cooler than it used to be.

wow, thanks, i wouldn't mind to have a cool harddisk
most data isnt that special, but i have many pics which i wouldnt like to lose
problem is i don't have a cd burner yet, or a memory stick or whatever. well perhaps it's the time to get some pics printed anyway.
cheers.

Heres what i do:Take out your harddrive and crush salt and vinegar crisps onto it.soak it in bleach for 3 days and then pour some lenore into a spare usb port.Before returning your harddrive to the computer brush its hair and put in the freezer for about 4 hours and the problem will be gone.

I already wanted to make this remark in the weapon thread, but your specialized knowledge just amazes me, really :worship:

the problem was solved after i kicked net limiter of my pc ... dunno why

led_2.bmp

new question: anyone has a serial number to crack flash or a cracked flash programme for me?

ah ah
i had so much fun with it when i was a kid. this programme on apple... it had all these categories with pictures ('fruits', 'celebrations', 'people') you could decorate your invitations and such with.