Computer Keyboard help

Manes

Stained Glass Music
May 5, 2002
Canada
Visit site
sorry that this is off topic, but

Just 2 days ago, i started having problems with my damn keyboard... At first it didn't work at all... the next day most of the keys were, and still are, messed up...
for example:
when the 'w' key is hit, a '3w' is displayed...
j=9u
o=ok
a=qa
t=ty
h=ty
and so forth...
here i typed the word 'opeth' using my keyboard: ok=petyty

i used the on screen keyboard program to type the message...

does anyone know what the problem could be?

yeah... you got yourself a shit keyboard :)... seriously... to debug the problem, try using another keyboard on your computer.. if the same shit happens, then it's a problem with your settings... if it works, then you have yourself a shit keyboard.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
If you're using windows, I think you'd go along the lines of Start Menu > Control Panel > Keyboard. Unless you have some third party software that is running your keyboard settings.

yeah... going to Start Menu > Control Panel > Keyboard only allows change to cursor and delay speed and laguages...

I'm not too sure, I'd go for trying a new keyboard... I had a problem where my keyboard kept hitting the 'h' key and that was totally shit.... but I think I just unplugged it then plugged it back in and it worked.

a new keyboard is anywhere from 8-15 US dollars, you know just for typing. Not really any one-touch features. It's funny because in some cases the Mouse is more expensive. I'm not sure if they are more or less in Canada though. But, it's probably worth it to get a new one anyway.