Concert Question

CyThrax

May 26, 2003
Anytown, USA
Visit site
Everyone on here says the guys in Anthrax are pretty accessible after shows for pictures and stuff. What is the meet and greet all about? When is it usually, what do you have to do to go?? Also, how long do you usually have to wait after the show till they go out to the bus after the show to get pictures? I've got a 90 min. drive home and work the next morning, so I won't be able to stay too long after the show.

I don't know if I'd do any of this anyway, I don't like bugging people for autographs or things like that after a show or game, for some reason it makes me feel like I'd turn into one of those crazed teenage fans that pass out when Elvis or The Beatles walk by, and it makes me feel like I'm invading their privacy. I wouldn't mind getting a picture, though if they're cool with it. Thanks for any help!

CyThrax said:
Everyone on here says the guys in Anthrax are pretty accessible after shows for pictures and stuff. What is the meet and greet all about? When is it usually, what do you have to do to go?? Also, how long do you usually have to wait after the show till they go out to the bus after the show to get pictures? I've got a 90 min. drive home and work the next morning, so I won't be able to stay too long after the show.

I don't know if I'd do any of this anyway, I don't like bugging people for autographs or things like that after a show or game, for some reason it makes me feel like I'd turn into one of those crazed teenage fans that pass out when Elvis or The Beatles walk by, and it makes me feel like I'm invading their privacy. I wouldn't mind getting a picture, though if they're cool with it. Thanks for any help!
I went to a meet and greet put on by a radio station in conjunction with the band. It was basically meet the band, have free beer, say hello, sign promo cardboard, take pictures. After the show, was a quick hello. Pics are up to the band and the mananger. I could not get a pic with Scott after the show so I was a little disappointed.

They've been doing meet and greets at some of the shows. People who bought WCFYA at the show received a poster which entitled them to stay afterwards and get autographs. Not sure about photographs.
Whether or not you'll catch them at the bus is not predictable.

Oh yeah, supposedly some kid asked Charlie to sign a burnt copy of the new album. DUMB

Just remember they're normal human beings. Go on the vibe of the moment. If any, or all, of them seem to be in a good mood and/or are smiling, then it's a good time to approach them. If they're signing stuff and mostly not looking at the faces of fans and just signing stuff in a "robotic" manner, then that means they're not in the mood for that type of thing.
It's part of a musicians job to give 100% into their live performance, but signing stuff and taking pictures after the show is a bonus, and should not be viewed as something they have to do.