Long Beach Security is the BEST!!!

My way of thinking is that after all this bullshit happening at the meet and greets is that they would have someone from the Anthrax camp with the security people helping out. Ignoring the situation makes me think they could give a fat babies dick about whether or not people get to meet the band. LAME

bah you cant blame the band

no matter where in the world you are, what gig you are at, security are thick as pigshit, remember they are hiring people that can just about read and maybe write.....

you are asking these people to read your name, check its the same and grant you access, thast too much all at once !!!!

with passes the fact its shiny and has pretty colours on will only distract the security, like a magpie and a shiny ring

lokey said:
bah you cant blame the band

no matter where in the world you are, what gig you are at, security are thick as pigshit, remember they are hiring people that can just about read and maybe write.....

you are asking these people to read your name, check its the same and grant you access, thast too much all at once !!!!

with passes the fact its shiny and has pretty colours on will only distract the security, like a magpie and a shiny ring
No, you're right. You can't blame the band... the first couple of times. But by now they are completely aware and they should be taking the steps they need to to fix it. Their fans are gettn' screwed and if they gave a shit, they'd fix it.

DumbAss said:
No, you're right. You can't blame the band... the first couple of times. But by now they are completely aware and they should be taking the steps they need to to fix it. Their fans are gettn' screwed and if they gave a shit, they'd fix it.

Well, considering the fact that our own Mr. Wu had a hard time getting back there and, thanks to this thread, is more than aware of what is going on, I'm sure it's going to change. :)

You people are forgetting the problem here, it was not our tour. Judas Priest was headlining. We had a dedicated person dealing with the M&G every night. Most went off without a hitch. The one's that didn't should have as well. Of course we were aware there was a problem some nights. We'd explain and explain to security how it should work and it would fall on deaf ears. These arena's have so many levels of crap to deal with and sometimes we just hit a brick wall. If we were headlining we could have our own passes. We were at the mercy of Priest passes that in some cases, security would not allow back. If they didn't see a laminate they just said no. It won't be like that when we headline.

Mr. Wu said:
You people are forgetting the problem here, it was not our tour. Judas Priest was headlining. We had a dedicated person dealing with the M&G every night. Most went off without a hitch. The one's that didn't should have as well. Of course we were aware there was a problem some nights. We'd explain and explain to security how it should work and it would fall on deaf ears. These arena's have so many levels of crap to deal with and sometimes we just hit a brick wall. If we were headlining we could have our own passes. We were at the mercy of Priest passes that in some cases, security would not allow back. If they didn't see a laminate they just said no. It won't be like that when we headline.
From all the posts I have read and my experience MOST is a pretty big stretch there Jewcifer.

In this instance, Wu, I don't think anyone was blaming either Anthrax or Judas Priest for the snafu at Long Beach (and I made sure to state that I believed the fault in general lay in the venues' hiring practices and communication). And, as I stated in a post on another topic, there are times when, despite everyone's best efforts, a meet-and-greet has to be cancelled. (Case in point - May 1 in Chicago, when Danny's guitar wouldn't work. Was I disappointed? Sure - but I covered shows for 20 years, so I understood the situation.)

I agree with Luvatacious, though, in seeing that even you had problems with security, that may end up being the "final straw" that gets things changed, at least in terms of how Anthrax and the venues set up security policies. I realize that schedules leading up to a show are tighter than a Zsa Zsa Gabor face lift, and one delay early in the schedule can cause smaller details (like discussion of passes and meet-and-greets with security personnel) to be short-changed. But something tells me that you guys will make an effort to make things change for the better. Just my two cents, anyway.