[Concert review] Vader/Berzerker (Galaxy Theatre; 11/26/02)

edwardgein

systematic.restart.
Apr 26, 2002
California
www.obscurehaven.com
Well here it is... the review that SHOULD have happened at the world famous "Key Club." So to recap.... Key Club techs suck, Rise and Berzerker have sound problems, and Origin doesn't show up and crap ass band plays for too long. So how did the Galaxy show end up? Well.. first off I'll list some of the rules at the Galazy Theatre.

- Under 21 you must pay a $5 drink fee
- No moshing

So here is what happened.

Dreams of Damnation:
This was the opening band. I believe they are the house band there because I've seen them once before at that place and they usually open up for bands at that hall as well. they are a total thrash metal band that features Ex - Dark Angel guitarist Jim Durkin and fronted by Loana dP Valencia. they are good and pretty well received by the crowd. Overall a good band.

Origin:
Now i found out that origin did NOT play the key club date which caused some problems for Berzerker last night. Origin was pretty good but since i had not orientated myself with their material it was all foreign to me. they were pretty good in my opinion and most of the crowd got into them and did a few pits here and there. Overall they were o.k. and did get a good reaction as well.

The Berzerker:
The sole reason for going to this show was to see what was not given at the Key club. The Berzerker took the stage and did the first four songs from last ngihts set plus "Compromise", "Burnt", and closed with "Corporal Jigsaw Quandary." At times the crowd shouted "Slow Down!!!", "Stop with the Slipknot!!" and the ever so pupolar "You fucking pussies!!" After hearing those comments the song would start and lay waste to the fuckers that yelled out the heckled. The Berzerker made it worth it to go a second time and see the same bands and same set lists. so overall... 5, if your new to Berzerker then 3.

Vader:
Vader.... goddamn. I really didn't enjoy their set at the key club much since everything was going wrong with sound and set lengths but tonight.... fuck. i am totally sore from this set. Again.. they plyed the same set list but I got more into it since I heard them once already. The crowd was mainly there for them and started to leave once they left. They were the overall favorite of course and my second favorite. They made the night perfect too with their brutallity. Overall 4.

Immolation:
Well... what can I say about immolation... **yawn**. I found them boring and not really impressive. They were generic and yeah did have one or two o.k. songs but never got me headbanging or paying much attention at all to theri set. I left half way through their set to see if the guys from blackmetalradio.com had gotten the Berzerker merchandise. Overall score.... *yawn* .... 2.

Summery:
Well Vader and Berzerker made the night great. After i left the immolation set I went to the Merchant stand and found Berzerker merchandise finally on sale. What happened last night was that ALL the Berzerker merchandise was sent to The Wishkey instead of the new venue. So this made sense when Berzerker had nothing to sell yesterday. So the people from BMR.com go to the Whiskey and bring it back, obviously they love Berzerker alot and my friend and I met up with them again and kicked it for a while. We got to meet Berzerker himself and my friend got a Poster signed. I was unfortunate to not have enough cash for a shirt but offer Berzerker to buy a poster off him but he just said "naa" and gave me one for free. He also signed it and everything. He was a super cool guy. He took pics with my friend and chatted again with us. As you can see the highlight was meeting and chatting with Berzerker. So maybe i am being baised with my review but to be very honest.. the real highlights were Vader and Berzerker.

Concert rating:
\m/:D\m/ \m/:D\m/ \m/:D\m/ \m/:D\m/
(out of 5 \m/:D\m/)