THE BERZERKER - Bassist leaves

Perkele

Myself
Aug 27, 2002
In Hell
Hey all,
unfortunatly we have parted ways with our bass player/Second Vocalist. Here is a statement in his own words

------------------------------------------
"It is with great regret that I announce my resignation from the Berzerker as a full-time touring member. I made this decision during the Napalm Death/Nile tour and was fortunate to complete both that and the following European headline tour. I joined the Berzerker around 1998 just as he returned from Europe with the contract offer from Earache records and am still astounded that I was taken on board as a band member. I recorded on both the debut album and 'Dissimulate', and have played on all the tours so far, doing guitar/vocals originally before moving onto bass/vocals. I was the Berzerker with the horns.
I can no longer afford the cost of touring both financially and physically. In particular, I do not have the energy anymore to come back from exhausting tours and immediately have to start searching for work and a place to live. Furthermore, the Berzerker needs someone with greater commitment than myself to continue the progress we have made at the rate we have established. With the permission of the Berzerker I will continue to assist with songwriting and recording albeit to a lesser degree, as well as the upcoming DVD which will blow your minds.
I am proud of everything achieved so far, and excited by what the future of the Berzerker holds. The Berzerker is an idea that is greater than any one individual. I'd like to thank the Berzerker and Earache for the past five years. My regards to all bandmembers past, present and future. Thanks to the fans for their crazed - and I mean crazed - support.
Special thanks to all our detractors. If people such as yourselves don't "get it", it only confirms that what we are doing is worthwhile. Every guestbook entry you make is confirmation that we annoy the right people.
This is only the beginning.
bass/vox/horns

-----------------------------------------------------
The band are currently focusing on the upcoming DVD but the search for a replacement with begin shortly. I would like to thank our departed friend for all his years of dedication and hard work, through the good times and bad you were always there, but mostly for putting up with me when no one else could. You will be missed.
The Berzerker.

Anyone intersting in filling this new found vacancy should contact the band at bassplayer@theberzerker.com for more information.
ONLY SERIOUS APLICATIONS PLEASE!

For more info on The Berzerker goto www.theberzerker.com

I get exhausted just listening to their music. I can definitely understand how wrecked the guy must be after playing it. Jesus. heh!

=( he was the talented vocalist of the two. =( never met him, but I met and talked to the guitarist and I know he's real cool....so i'd presume the band are as a whole generally. =D makes one wonder how they can pretend to be so misanthropic...

speaking of the bezerker where do i find the uncensored "reality" video? i saw the video on Imortalised and it said visit www.earache.com but when i downloaded the video it was still edited..help me

His bass playing was quite noticeable in the Art of Noise Tour with Nile/Napalm Death/Dark Tranquillity/SYL.

SculptedCold said:
=( he was the talented vocalist of the two. =( never met him, but I met and talked to the guitarist and I know he's real cool....so i'd presume the band are as a whole generally. =D makes one wonder how they can pretend to be so misanthropic...

it's not blind unchannelled misanthropy; it's focused, intelligent, no-holds barred misanthropy. The impression i've gotten from The Berzerker, is it's not hatred for hates sake; it's hatred of the self-righteous self-servient murdering animal that mankind has become. That doesn't mean that because The Berzerker hates mankinds ever-present flaws that he/they is/are incapable of appreciating those who have shown true worth :hotjump:

SwissCheesHead said:
speaking of the bezerker where do i find the uncensored "reality" video? i saw the video on Imortalised and it said visit www.earache.com but when i downloaded the video it was still edited..help me

http://www.theberzerker.com/Videos.htm
Here's a pic of them (and him) but it's large so I won't post it: http://www.earache.com/bands/berzerker/navigation/berzerker_biopic.jpg

:( I love them, one of my favorite bands, and he was excellent. :( I liked his voice a little bit better, it was faster and seemed to fit better, but nonetheless... this makes me sad :(