Concerto Moon confirmed for Friday!!!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Concerto Moon from Japan is confirmed for their first US appearance at the 2nd annual Bay Area Rock Festival. Led by guitar maestro Norifumi Shima, the group is celebrating their 10th anniversary as the leading hard rock band of Japan by releasing a new studio album and a CD/DVD retrospective. Concerto Moon’s unique compositional style and fluid guitar arrangements has led them to opening act slots for Yngwie Malmsteen and Symphony X, while headlining numerous shows in their native country.

Bay Area Rock Festival is a two day annual festival which features progressive and melodic rock and metal from around the world. The festival will be held this year on June 27th and 28th at the Independent in San Francisco and features Liquid Tension Experiment, Jeff Scott Soto, Enchant, Zero Hour, Sun Caged and the Rocket Scientists with special guest Lana Lane. Tickets are available through www.tickets.com. For more information, visit www.bayarearockfest.com

Live video

Promo video

Last edited by a moderator:
YAHOOOOOOOOO! FINALLY! An Asian band at a US festival! Shima makes a US appearance. Bless you, Dave! Bless you!

:headbang: YA, THIS JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.... GOT MAIDEN... FISH.... AND.... BARF... WITHIN A 30 DAY SPAN...VERY COOL...
AND I HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT FISH AS IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT ITS NOT SELLING WELL... AND IT WILL BE A GREAT SHOW WITH SOME CLUTCHING AT STRAWS ANNIVERSARY MATERIAL....AND OTHER MARILLION STUFF AS WELL.......................:worship:................

Concerto Moon is the opening act to get things started with a bang.
They are going to have an unbelievable 45 minute set.
The reason for this decision was that the Rocket Scientists are more prog-rock and not quite as energetic/metal in their delivery.
Enchant is the home town hero so nuff said there.
I hope that clears it up for you. I'm very excited to see CM live and have been waiting for 10 years.

Cheers!

Ebola

How long is Concerto Moon's set? I can't believe that they are the opening act, and not going on right before Soto.

It should tell you of the strength of this festival. CM was the logical choice to open. I just hope there is a BARFest III.

Fuseboxx and Seraphim anyone? Even Galneryus?

Having 10 bands last year was awesome, but I'm sure having "only" eight this year will only result in longer sets, so it will be awesome in an entirely different way. :)

I will admit that I was unfamiliar with Concerto Moon until they were announced for this festival, and the videos have me very intrigued! :headbang: