Concerto Moon help - opinions wanted!!!

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Hey gang!

I've been asked to write a full-page article on Concerto Moon for an international magazine! Naturally I'd like to include something about their performance at BAR Fest!

So I'm hoping y'all will help me out - please share what you thought of the set, anything to do with the band, how you first heard of them, your favorite CD, anything really.

None of it will be be printed verbatim, it's just for me to gauge the crowd reaction, what the vibe was like in the room when they played, the sound-mix, etc.. Please, I need your help! This article is great exposure for Concerto Moon and BAR Fest, so please share!

Thanks in advance!! I can't do this without you!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I feel that since I was the biggest supporter of getting them over here I should be the first to respond.
I have been a fan of CM since the "Fragments of the Moon" CD came out 10 years ago. The set was perfect for me because they played some material I had not heard before as well as old favorites.
They even brought gifts which was totally unexpected and the coolest thing I have ever received from any band on the planet.
I got the 10 year anniversary box set with the only CD I have never been able to purchase here in the US "After the Double Cross". They played 3 songs off that album at the show. Plus a DVD of a lot of live footage and videos as well as a T-shirt and decorative tapestry.
I'm telling you....these guys were sooo grateful and incredibly cool to hang out with. My biggest regret was not learning more Japanese.
But I know that they will bend over backwards if I am in Tokyo to show me around and make sure my stay is an enjoyable one.
I have to say my favorite album is Rain Forest but when I requested that we allow them 1 more song live and I saw the set list I had to pick "Concerto Moon" and they played the shit out it.
Incredible live band!
I hope that helps you write and article about these guys based on one truly dedicated fan.

Eric

Hey gang!

I've been asked to write a full-page article on Concerto Moon for an international magazine! Naturally I'd like to include something about their performance at BAR Fest!

So I'm hoping y'all will help me out - please share what you thought of the set, anything to do with the band, how you first heard of them, your favorite CD, anything really.

None of it will be be printed verbatim, it's just for me to gauge the crowd reaction, what the vibe was like in the room when they played, the sound-mix, etc.. Please, I need your help! This article is great exposure for Concerto Moon and BAR Fest, so please share!

Thanks in advance!! I can't do this without you!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

i only own one Concerto Moon CD but I played the hell out of it when I bought it years ago. What a way to kick off the festival, Concerto Moon's set was pure energy, extremely tight and the repore they had with the crowd was great even though some help was needed from a cheat sheet the singer had when addressing the crowd... They were fantastic, I'm not much of review writer but they were a well oiled machine...

I've been a fan of CM for quite a few years now and they never let me down! My brother bought the Rain Forest album and after a few seconds of listening I fell in love with their music! After that I started buying their albums one by one. They were great in 1998, when they released the first CD and they're getting better and better!
I've also started building a site about Norifumi Shima (the axe-man and the leader of CM), so if you need any material or info, just ask what you would like to know about them.

Thanks everyone!! This is awesome - please keep it coming!! This is exactly what I was hoping for and it's helping a lot! :tickled:

@prolwer986: Is your site ready? Can you link me? I'll need all the info I can get since I'm relatively new to Concerto Moon (considering how long they've been around.)

@sharkblack: that was incredibly helpful, actually! I bet you'd be a better reviewer than you think ;)

@eboles: Those gifts are incredible! It's always awesome when a band is really cool in person and goes above and beyond to show their appreciation and enthusiasm! Thank you x 10 for all of that, it will help a great deal with the article.

My site's not ready yet. I'm working on it with a Russian guy, but he's too busy with work right now (he interviwed Shima-san, and has a lot of info), so it's still pending.

BTW, on 7/23/2008 Concerto Moon released the new album Rise From Ashes. There's already a video on YouTube for the song Lies And Betraial.

For me is awsome, although I didn't expect it to sound so Double Dealer like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is a badass song! Thanks for posting the video and info! Anyone got a good place I can buy Rise From Ashes from? Preferably for download? I'd like to review it for the article!