Update- Bay Area Rock Promotions 2010 Plans--Major things in the works!!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Just wanted to update everybody on what is going on with Bay Area Rock Promotions and Bay Area Rock Fest. I wanted to give you a quick summary of what is happening, what my future plans are, and where I need your help—

As many of you have known, I did not do a festival this year due to the economic conditions, but also because my wife and I had our first child in July. This decision was made in conjunction with Eric and Bear who have been part of this since the inception.

Since we started Bay Area Rock Promotions, I have been very proud of what we have accomplished – bringing the return of Enchant after a 4 year absence and bringing 2 festivals together with the US debuts of great bands like Mob Rules, Eyefear, Darkwater, Sun Caged and Concerto Moon as well as the return of Liquid Tension Experiment to the Bay Area after a 10 year absence. Additionally we co-promoted shows in the Bay Area including the first Progressive Nation bill last year. I am also happy that we have built out somewhat of a community of all of us that enjoy this type of music where the fans and bands can hang out--

I found it very hard to really top what we had done in the past few years, but also found myself needing to re-establish my career, as well as my new family. Since we started this adventure nearly 3 years ago, I really set out to try to make a difference in the Bay Area scene by bringing together the fans and bands of progressive rock and metal.. In following my dream, I have had a blast, but also have had the time to dedicate this because of the slowing economy. Now that I have re-established that balance between work and family I am looking to undertake some new adventures in 2010.

At this point, we are not going to do another major 2 day festival next year similar to what we have done in the past. The emotional payoff for this is high, but the financial returns and the amount of detail necessary to put this together are beyond our collective resources for this year. I have already been down the path of detailing the challenges behind this, so I don’t need to get into this again—

Now, for the GOOD news—I am very close to finalizing for a MAJOR one-off show here in the Bay Area next spring that many of you will enjoy. Additionally, I am hoping to pull off another show as a one-day festival to bring together some Bay Area bands, plus some other national and possibly international bands. This will be the event to mobilize the Bay Area community to come out for a show and hang out together casually— At this point, I am looking to do this around Mid-may

On a go-forward basis, Bay Area Rock Promotions will be focused on promoting several shows a year, plus co-promoting other shows with other major promotion companies.

Now – where I need your help—one of the key areas where I need help is to have the fans here that are interested help out— If you have band Ideas for next year – local bands, or bands you would like to see in the Bay Area next year—post them on my forum.. If you have bands that you would specifically like to sponsor for the show—let me know directly. If you would like to help out with any of the logistics of next year—please let me know. If you don’t have the time/resources to directly participate, just put a post on the forum to discuss what we are doing—I need to know there are others of similar mind that wish to keep the music alive out here--

All the best to all of you in the holiday season

Now, for the GOOD news—I am very close to finalizing for a MAJOR one-off show here in the Bay Area next spring that many of you will enjoy.

Man, I hope this is who I think(hope).:worship:Smokin:

I would still be interested in helping out as a roadie, cook, gofer, or where ever needed.

Great to see some buzz around here again!

Good to hear that things are a-brewin' again, Dave! Give my love to Mrs. Dave & the wee one & have a fantastic holiday season! :)

I see some news at another site....

I don't want to stael anyone's thunder....

:OMG::worship:notworthy:worship:

Glad to hear things are ramping up on the music scene again for you, Dave. You know you've got as much video and t.v. support as I can do so reserve my tic to everything coming up. I'm so there!

Emo:headbang:

Was wondering if BAR Fest will no longer be the 10 band extravanganza of years past. If so, that's cool and I wish you the best. I definately would not want to fly out there to see Enchant again. Just wondering... as with the right lineup (minus said band), I'd for sure make an effort to get out there this year. :)

Best of luck with the promotioins though!

Peace,
Michael