CONGRATULATIONS TO LINDA & WANDA !

Congratulations to Linda McDonald & Wanda Ortiz for winning the nuisance lawsuit filed against them by former bandmate and singer Patty Rich professionally known as Aja Kim.

For those that don't know Patty decided to pick 2 members of The Iron Maidens, (Linda & Wanda) to sue individually instead of the band as a group. The judge saw thru her and awarded her absolutely nothing!
Once again congratulations to Linda & Wanda. Let this be a lesson to those that bring frivolous and nuisance lawsuits. JUSTICE WAS SERVED !

Wow.

The integrity and overall class of this post ranks right up there with the Sara bashing/dismissal announcement.

I agree, its splashed all over Facebook too.

I understand they feel justice is done, but once again, this is no way to go about running what is essentially a business.
If the m anagement insist on putting this kind of thintg out it should eb done professionally, stating what the alleged issue was, anyb comment from the judge and the final verdict.

Not some sort of personal issue bullshit aimed at an ex member of the band who earned a fair bit of money for the said management.

Imagine if the management of the real Iron maiden did this kind of thing?

:( Not good at all. Sour grapes only get sourer.

Ona more positive note, I'm glad its over for you all, its obviously not a nice thing to have hanging over you.

Wow.

The integrity and overall class of this post ranks right up there with the Sara bashing/dismissal announcement.

Hmm. I wonder where is the "integrity and overall class" in ruthlessly, vindictively, and groundlessly harrassing innocent people through the legal system? I think Linda and Wanda, as well as the band and management as a whole, have demonstrated great restraint, professionalism, integrity, and class in refraining from making known publicly the outrageous behavior and actions of Aja.

And now that the judge has also found her claims to be absolutely groundless, it is even more obvious just who it is who lacks integrity and class.

I understand they feel justice is done, but once again, this is no way to go about running what is essentially a business.
If the m anagement insist on putting this kind of thintg out it should eb done professionally, stating what the alleged issue was, anyb comment from the judge and the final verdict.

Not some sort of personal issue bullshit aimed at an ex member of the band who earned a fair bit of money for the said management.

Imagine if the management of the real Iron maiden did this kind of thing?

:( Not good at all. Sour grapes only get sourer.

Ona more positive note, I'm glad its over for you all, its obviously not a nice thing to have hanging over you.

This was a professional reply. This is a band, not a corporation. Ever read what members of "real" bands say in interviews - read metal sludge sometime. :)

Anyways, they stated she threw a frivolous lawsuit (as INDIVIDUALS not the band) just to annoy them, she lost and now it's finally over. If you transcripts, go to the court, pay $20 and get the audio transcript.

Kudos to our favorite band!

n

I think the problem is, if the management really wanted to keep this ''private'', then there was no need for the message posted here. Its an attempt to try and get people to take sides, and expect them to do so without all, or even any facts of the case to hand. I didnt even know that Aja had taken out a lawsuit on members of the band until I read this. So to me, this press release is pretty pointless.

Its not quite the same with the Sara situation, because she was fired from the band, whereas I think Aja left the band voluntarily. So what her issue was with the band members was, I really have no idea. Also, Sara has given her own side of that story, so its purely a case of who you want to believe.

I dont have much of a problem with the content of the management's post here, other than it was posted in the first place. What's the point in making an announcement about the outcome of a lawsuit that nobody even knew about in the first place? If the management wanted people to know about it, they should have told people from the beginning. It just seems quite pointless thats all.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";9228197 said:
Hmm. I wonder where is the "integrity and overall class" in ruthlessly, vindictively, and groundlessly harrassing innocent people through the legal system? I think Linda and Wanda, as well as the band and management as a whole, have demonstrated great restraint, professionalism, integrity, and class in refraining from making known publicly the outrageous behavior and actions of Aja.

And now that the judge has also found her claims to be absolutely groundless, it is even more obvious just who it is who lacks integrity and class.

I've gotta agree with this ... All during the litigation, the entire event was kept under wraps. There was NO public info or postings about it, in short, it was kept quiet and under professional wrap.

After the fact, and judgement, I suppose the band, and the individual members who were attacked, have every right to express the outcome and their feelings. Since the judgement stated the lawsuit was totally unfounded and without merit, it could only be described as a personal attack.

Hopefully, everybody can get back to the rest of their lives and careers.

This was a professional reply. This is a band, not a corporation. Ever read what members of "real" bands say in interviews - read metal sludge sometime. :)

Anyways, they stated she threw a frivolous lawsuit (as INDIVIDUALS not the band) just to annoy them, she lost and now it's finally over. If you transcripts, go to the court, pay $20 and get the audio transcript.

Kudos to our favorite band!

n

Sorry Big moma Nav, our definitions of professional replies obviously differ.
I explained what I would have expected to see.

I am still dismayed at what I saw and what continues to happen on FB. You guys must understand that some of the comments getting made can put you in serious danger of Libel and slander.

And again, if you look at the other side of the story, theres clearly two different stories emerging.
Given what happened to Sarah, I am beginning to think the worst and fear for the future of the iron maidens. Its supposed to be about having fun making music etc. When it comes down to money the shit hits the fan.

Guys if you really do owe her money, even if it couldnt have been proven in court, Morally you should pay her.
I understand its 1-1 between you guys now, so I still say theres no winner.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";9228197 said:

....Yeah and airing ones dirty laundry in public is the height of integrity and class.
:rolleyes:

Seriously, this tripe was posted on Every MaidenS board/site on the interweb...Question is, lets see a show of hands of anyone outside the band that knew a lawsuit was pending or in process.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Yeah, thats what I thought.

Some of you may have recieved a newsletter on this matter. Let me state that I have NO DOG in this fight (please no offense, Lovelies). You are ALL wonderful talents and Goddesses, IMHO.

Due to the limited info leaks during litigation (which I deemed as "professional"), we are not priviledged to all the details, so we go by the public record. We are now hearing more stuff from both sides, and that is their right ... to express their positions, and IF NEEDED, to correct public statements.

In the end I wish them ALL well, and just rewards for their considerable efforts.

Sorry Big moma Nav, our definitions of professional replies obviously differ.
I explained what I would have expected to see.

I am still dismayed at what I saw and what continues to happen on FB. You guys must understand that some of the comments getting made can put you in serious danger of Libel and slander.

And again, if you look at the other side of the story, theres clearly two different stories emerging.
Given what happened to Sarah, I am beginning to think the worst and fear for the future of the iron maidens. Its supposed to be about having fun making music etc. When it comes down to money the shit hits the fan.

Guys if you really do owe her money, even if it couldnt have been proven in court, Morally you should pay her.
I understand its 1-1 between you guys now, so I still say theres no winner.

Hey Time Warrior,
I don't owe her any money. Never have. Thanks.

Whatever is in the best interest of keeping the Maidens healthy and thriving in the present and future, I'm totally down with. Long live the Maidens, and hopefully all the drama falls by the wayside.

Hey Time Warrior,
I don't owe her any money. Never have. Thanks.

Ditto that.

well thats all fine then :)

I'm not going to take sides and I was just making a comment based on the information I have seen and the morals I set for myself.

It was NOT a way of me saying "I think you do owe money to Aja". And I try to remain none judgmental in these legal matters.

This matter can ONLY be settled between you guys and Aja. I urge you to talk about this between yourselves and not publically.

Sincerely

Anth
AKA Timewarrior2001

Whatever is in the best interest of keeping the Maidens healthy and thriving in the present and future, I'm totally down with. Long live the Maidens, and hopefully all the drama falls by the wayside.

I can side with those feelings too. Its about music and should only be about the music. I hate to see friendships disintegrate.

Contrary to what Patty released in her newsletter and on her social networking sites about fictional preliminary judgments, how the judge is still deciding the outcome of the case and what really happened, we decided to get the truth out and set the record straight once and for all. Go to AJA KIM SUES on our website and you can read for yourself the actual public records of the FINAL JUDGMENT of the case and of the TRIAL BRIEF that outlines what the case was all about. This is not some lengthy clichéd monologue typed and posted on a social site. These are copies of the actual documents that are in the courts public record for you to see.
Those that bellache about airing dirty laundry (and the hypocrisy of some amazes me!) in public will find a whole basket load of it there. If that bothers you, don't go or better yet, go complain to Ms. Rich as she was the one who decided to take that laundry into a public court of law and make it a matter of public record in the first place!

Contrary to what Patty released in her newsletter and on her social networking sites about fictional preliminary judgments, how the judge is still deciding the outcome of the case and what really happened, we decided to get the truth out and set the record straight once and for all. Go to AJA KIM SUES on our website and you can read for yourself the actual public records of the FINAL JUDGMENT of the case and of the TRIAL BRIEF that outlines what the case was all about. This is not some lengthy clichéd monologue typed and posted on a social site. These are copies of the actual documents that are in the courts public record for you to see.
Those that bellache about airing dirty laundry (and the hypocrisy of some amazes me!) in public will find a whole basket load of it there. If that bothers you, don't go or better yet, go complain to Ms. Rich as she was the one who decided to take that laundry into a public court of law and make it a matter of public record in the first place!

You just didnt get what myself and others were getting at did you? :(

It saddens me it really does, this is NOT about one upmanship please stop treating it as such.

Timewarrior2001 ... I understand your point, but this IS the IronMaidenS site, and they are certainly within their rights to express their position on the matter, AS IS, Aja in her newsletter on HER site.

I don't think it is anything more than that, NOR should WE make anything more of it. You all are free to express your opinions, so are ALL OF THEM, but to continue whipping this dead horse, speaks more about the observers than the participants.