Consecration - two albums for free download

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
We decided to put our two albums for free download.

"aux" is our debut, we spent 6 years in making it.
influences: Katatonia, Anathema, Opeth, Tiamat, Slowdive, Neurosis.

"2nd april 2008" is our live album with completely new songs.
influences: Kyuss, Isis, Mogwai, Radiohead, King Crimson, Tool, Fennesz, Autechre, Monolake, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Ros.

the tracks from live album will be recorded in studio until the end of the year we hope. one of the tracks, somna, is already available as studio version via our myspace page.

click on the images below for download.

hope you enjoy it.

http://www.myspace.com/consecr8

Definately like it, huge potential there.

My 30 seconds before bedtime thoughts on the first song: Thereare parts that seem a little out of place and over the top though. I.E. The leads in the beginning and the spacey effects about 2/3 the way through the song. I'm generally a fan of simplifying things as much as possible without completely changing the composition, same goes here. I was loving the riffage and distracted by the leads. However, the leads toward the end feel more natural and I found myself enjoying those. Also, transitioning into the cleans/bass line was pretty sweet. Very Kata-esque.

Looking forward to hearing more.

if you liked somna, i guess you'd like djavo nije urban and .avi too :)

I liked particularly the combination of the overall atmosphere (I guess I won't really be mistaken about lots of post-metal influence, not only Isis) and the clean vocals all over it. I don't know for sure but the whole atmosphere somehow reminded me of Jesu :oops:
Nevertheless, waiting for the new one ))