Content on this website has been reported as unsafe

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
This is the message I've been getting at least once a day here for the past few days:

Content on this website has been reported as unsafe

webmastersforum.org

Hosted by: www.ultimatemetal.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:
•Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Interesting, I don't own the other site, so I wonder if there is an image hosted from there showing up on mine. Or, the other site may be using an ip address that once belonged to UM - weird.

Is this in IE (since it mentions Microsoft), Bing, or something else?

Also, what antivirus / malware software are you running?

I'll check it out, thanks!

Yeah its in IE. I use Norton Security and its normally super fast to block attacks. Not once have I gotten an "an attempt to attack your computer was blocked" notice when going on this site. I ran a full system scan right after I first got that unsafe site notice and it turned up nothing and everything seems to be working fine. Its just that once day like clockwork, that same notice pops up.

Weird man, I don't know how my site is mixed up with that thing. That site is infested with spam and stuff so I understand why IT is getting flagged, but no clue how it is associated with mine.