Control Denied - The Fragile Art of Existence Re-Issue

Keenan

Crippling Self Doubt
Apr 9, 2009
Florida
Relapse Records will be reissuing "The Fragile Art of Existence" in two editions. The album, first released in 1999, was remastered, repackaged and features liner notes from the band's drummer Richard Christy. The standard version includes the original album plus a bonus CD of early demo material. The second, limited edition version, will be limited to 1,000 copies and is a three-disc set including an extra bonus disc of demo tracks, many of which feature Death's Chuck Schuldiner on vocals. The three disc set will be made available through the Relapse Records webstore. Two versions of the reissue will be released on October 26, 2010.

Once again, the full tracklisting for the reissued versions of "The Fragile Art of Existence" is as follows:
Disc 1
1. Consumed
2. Breaking The Broken
3. Expect The Unexpected
4. What If...?
5. When The Link Becomes Missing
6. Believe
7. Cut Down
8. The Fragile Art Of Existence

Disc 2
1. Consumed (1999 Demos)
2. When The Link Becomes Missing (1999 Demo)
3. The Fragile Art Of Existence (1999 Demo)
4. Breaking The Broken (1999 Demo)
5. Breaking The Broken (1999 Demo)(w/ Chuck Schuldiner on vocals)
6. Believe (1997 Demo)
7. What If?? (1997 Demo)
8. Cut Down (1997 Demo)
9. Tune Of Evil (Comedy Demo)

Disc 3 (limited edition only)
1. What If...? (1996 Demo)
2. Cut Down (1996 Demo)
3. Expect The Unexpected (1996 Demo)
4. Believe (1996 Demo)
5. The Fragile Art Of Existence (1996 Demo)
6. What If...? (1996 Demo)
7. Expect The Unexpected (1996 Demos)(w/ Chuck Schuldiner on vocals)
8. What If...? (1996 Demos)(w/ Chuck Schuldiner on vocals)
9. Cut Down (1996 Demos)(w/ Chuck Schuldiner on vocals)

This site is streaming one of the "Consumed" demos if you wanna hear it :
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=61208

So.... Thoughts? I've been meaning to get this album since I started listening to Death, but never got around to it. Now seems like the perfect time to jump right in. :p

I've been meaning to get this album since I started listening to Death, but never got around to it. Now seems like the perfect time to jump right in. :p

this is probably the whole point of re-releasing an album :lol:
not familiar with Death though

Dude, (Not you Dave) fucking YOUTUBE. Open up their discography in another tab and watch each and every song on youtube, then buy all 7 albums from amazon. You'll be a better man for it. :D

On topic, I listened to "Consumed" earlier and it was one of the most epic things I've ever heard. DEFINITELY ordering this.