__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
Control Human Delete – Terminal World Perspective
Code666 – Code 033 – 17.04.07
By Chris Kee

CHD.jpg

When the drum machine fuelled barrage of ’Protocol Of Systematic Belief’ kicks in the intensity is incredible. The synthetic kick drums blast like machine gun fire, threatening to overwhelm the blackened riffing, and the effect is cold, inhuman and devastating. However the initial impact of this mechanized collision between Zyklon and The Berzerker soon begins to lose its appeal for me. The songs drag on and on for what seems like an eternity and what first seemed like blasting intensity starts to feel more like an irritating racket.

Interesting riffs occasionally flicker on the radar but are soon smashed to infinitesimal pieces and buried under the relentless drum machine avalanche. By the time I reach the midpoint of ’Transpherium’ the soulless synths have me a hairsbreadth from deep sleep and I’m only kept awake by the grinding irritation at what feels like a colossal waste of my time. The final eleven minute marathon that is ’Absolution’ sums things up nicely with its layers upon layers of parping, wailing, droning, horrible artificial sound. Listening to this album is a wearying, irritating ordeal. Still if you like excessively long tracks full of insane drum machine beats and dark ambient noise feel free to give it a try.

Official CHD Website
Official Code 666 Website