control surface yay or nay?

So far no idea about Europe stocks, and I don't wanna buy overseas new and with the taxes it might add ! I'm not pressed either. But I have been waiting for this control surface for a long time because it is filling a gap in the market which interests a lot of people. And it looks promising. It's still behringer, so as long as you know what it means (quality wise it's not superb, however it can last long still) it can make you happy. I'll see when I can grab one !

Damn, I wish they offered the same without an interface. Since Reaper is pretty much eucon compatible now (1.0 soon to be released, and it is only dependent in cockos to implement this or not in v5 as an new feature and not leave it as 3rd party plugin). Faders, normal controls, and nothing else, is all I would dream of ! It's flat, looks relatively well built and the scribbles look good. But it comes with its price !

Avid_S3L_close02.jpg

I didn't know Reaper had Eucon whipped... Course I had only read on years old threads on the Cockos forum in the past concerning control surfaces. (For the artist series in particular right? I've had my eye on those for the longest)

If that's to be a major feature being discussed, I would be ecstatic.

Not to mention I think it'd be worth the extra cost for the S3 in the end for seamless integration ^_^

Yes well, the eucon integration seems to be okay now but as far as I got it, it is tested with the avid artit series indeed. So, being a protocol, it should be fine as far as normal information are concerned. I read the little manual he proposed, it was mentioning using the C6 consoles with it, and have the proprietary knobs recognise using the software. It should (i say should) be possible to program how each plugin displays on the more intricate subtleties of the console, however I don't know how of this is true, not sure they were able to test on a C5, a C6, a C3, or any other Eucon console with extensive information !

However, this is a profect finally organized between the original guy, Cockos, and Avis, so that you can expect something decent in the future I am sure. Now if you are using a protools designed controller, I'm sure a lof the very specific extra buttons will need to be remapped.

I am personally not trying an eucon console on reaper once the feature is public, and people try testing it on more unit, and bugs get cleaned. I don't wanna buy an interface which purpose is to save me time, and end up spending more unbugging it.

if you use slate plugins, dont use reaper+eucon. i have warned you... :p

Are you talking about how slate maps his plugins or something else ?

about the immediate crashes when you try to open/activate a slate-plugin with reaper+activated eucon-plugin. especially trigger2. tested x86, x64, various version installers, various systems...
tried to solve it with the slate support, but i gave up after a couple months of no progress (this was before the vcc/vmr thing that requierd all slate resources)

the rest worked pretty good, but i havent used all the special functions that eucon and the artist mix offerd. but the whole setup was a very very big pita, i had to program a special batch-file which boots all the eucon-programms in a special timed order.
in the end, i used the artist mix in MackieMode, so i was able to use trigger2 & slate. but in mackiemode, there are loooots of bugs and missing features. so i finally sold the artist mix and uninstalled eucon. i do not miss it. ;)