Cool drum video of my studio!

overheads are
l2
eq
api 2500

and yeah i do get that awfull problem with the 500-800 hz area it drives me insane, but you work with what you got.

tumblr_llzn80Y7HN1qh36oko1_500.jpg

another picture of the room

also the samples are all native to the drum kit. except for a bit of slate kick 10 you hear in the blend

Sooooooooooo good. I want my drums to sound like these. I saw you used a sm7b on the hi hat and the mini china. Any specific processing on that alone or are all of the OH and room mics sent to a cymbal buss folder and just l2, eq and api 2500? The sound is so crisp. I love it.

Sooooooooooo good. I want my drums to sound like these. I saw you used a sm7b on the hi hat and the mini china. Any specific processing on that alone or are all of the OH and room mics sent to a cymbal buss folder and just l2, eq and api 2500? The sound is so crisp. I love it.

SM7 is AMAZING on hats and China (recently tried it for shits and it rocks). It's nice to have a pair, but now I'd like another pair!!! =D

SM7 is AMAZING on hats and China (recently tried it for shits and it rocks). It's nice to have a pair, but now I'd like another pair!!! =D

hahaha :D YES! I tried it on a band that I started doing a few days after watching this video. It was perfect because he used the hi hat VERY FREQUENTLY. I am actually more impressed with the sound of the hi hats NOW then when I was using any of my other pencil condenser mics. I will most def borrow a friends and use it on the china as well, for next time!